Corporate Accounting Manager
Company: D.R. HORTON, INC.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was
founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York
Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high
quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first
time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing
and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title
subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.D.R.
Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Accounting Manager for
their Corporate Accounting Department. The right candidate will
provide accounting support to the Company s operating divisions,
executes various corporate accounting functions ensuring compliance
with GAAP, corporate policies, external and internal audits.
Completes additional accounting or finance projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Formulates understanding of the DHI business model and
evaluates ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Assists
divisions in developing or applying the proper accounting treatment
for complex and/or unusual transactions.
- Provides outstanding service and support to assigned divisions.
Acts as a liaison and advocate between the division and
- Performs the monthly analysis and review of assigned division s
general ledger, job cost information and operational metrics for
- Provides training and ongoing guidance in systems, policies and
procedures to assigned divisions.
- Leads the monthly and quarterly accounting close process for
assigned divisions. Supervisory Responsibilities May supervise
other employees in Corporate Accounting. Carry out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring,
and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems. Job
Requirements:Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
or four to five years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public accounting experience (3+ years).
- Big 4 accounting experience preferred.
- Homebuilding industry experience using JD Edwards, especially
G/L and Job Cost is a plus.
- Experience with job cost (cost accounting) environments are
- CPA strongly preferred (but not absolutely required with
exceptional experience) Other Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written
format, with division personnel and all levels of co-workers
(clerical to executive management)
- Customer service mentality-Corporate Accounting is a support
- Initiative and ability to work with limited direction
- Must successfully manage multiple projects and competing
- Strong professional communication skills-ability to communicate
complex financial concepts to non-accountants
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a plus
- Ability to travel (25% or more throughout divisions) Come join
a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and
are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our
success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision,
medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's
Builder. Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on
Facebook and Instagram !
Keywords: D.R. HORTON, INC., Arlington , Corporate Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!