Real Estate Investment Analyst
Company: D.R. Horton
Posted on: February 15, 2019
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Real Estate Investment Analyst for their Accounting Department. The right candidate will be will be heavily involved in the acquisition, development and asset management of primarily multifamily and commercial investments. DHIC will offer the candidate substantial growth opportunities in addition to exposure to the largest homebuilder in the country while working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The individual will work alongside acquisitions, development, and asset management with responsibilities to include the following:
- Perform due diligence and underwriting of prospective acquisitions and developments
- Provide support for the acquisition, financing and disposition process
- Prepare financial modeling to support and guide both acquisition and asset management decisions
- Prepare presentation materials on new and existing investments for internal and external uses
- Analyze and monitor the financial performance of properties including financial modeling, benchmarking to budget, and collaborating with management in executing business plans
- Analyze the overall market and monitor industry trends
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Business, Economics or related field with a strong record of academic achievement
- 1 to 3 years of commercial real estate, private equity, investment banking, or Big 4 accountancy firm experience
- Exceptional academic credentials
- Advanced Excel financial modeling (ability to create original financial models for new scenarios with limited guidance)
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Adobe Reader, and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize conclusions and confidently present well-supported arguments for or against a specific investment opportunity
- Ability to focus under pressure and comfortable meeting tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Goal oriented, self-starter that takes initiative to effect change and continuous improvement
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative, and analytical skills demonstrated by work experience and/or academic record
- Analytical, well organized, effective listener who enjoys and thrives working in a team environment
- Persistent, creative, problem-solver, with a love of learning and a positive personality
- Ability to conduct research and verify facts quickly
- Experience in retail underwriting and/or asset management is a plus
- Travel could be required at the discretion of the Chief Financial Officer.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
Keywords: D.R. Horton, Arlington , Real Estate Investment Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!