Company: Trinity United Methodist Church
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job Description: Overview The primary responsibilities of this
position involve general secretarial duties in support of visitors,
church members, and the church staff under the mission of the
church: Leading People to Jesus . These ministries will be
organized around the churchs ministry strategy of: Connect, Grow,
Go. Overall Responsibilities:
- Being at the front desk to greet visitors, answer the doorbell,
and assist with needs as they arise.
- Going downstairs to check visitors temperature, making sure
they are following current COVID procedures including wearing a
mask and sanitizing, and keeping a visitor log.
- Answering the phones, communicating with the answering service,
returning messages left with the answering service, updating the
phone portal, and communicating information to members and
- Using Church Community Builder (CCB) to update membership
files, input attendance, run reports, and other tasks as
- Being Trinitys Ministry Safe Coordinator. This includes
updating the Ministry Safe website, requesting, reviewing, and
tracking all volunteers who are or who wish to become Ministry Safe
- Maintaining a Texas Notary License and providing notary
services for both church related and non-church related forms.
- Taking and saving detailed notes during the weekly staff
- Preparing the worship count cards and money bags each
- Keeping track of and updating various Google sheets and other
- Providing administrative support for tasks such as proofing
documents or emails, making copies, sending faxes, as well as
creating and printing signs, forms, etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of church wide mailings.
- Recruiting and reminding office volunteers as needed. Education
- Some college or a bachelors degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years of related experience within a church office and/or
office management Required Skills
- Ability to professionally answer the phone and/or door bell and
provide appropriate information and direction as needed.
- Ability to empathize with individuals under duress, maintain
confidentiality while communicating concerns to the appropriate
staff members, and exhibit professionalism at all times.
- Proficient computer skills including typing, 40+ WPM, working
with online software, InDesign, and Microsoft Office, specifically
Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook. Ability to learn additional
computer programs with minimal training, as needed.
- Understanding of and ability to operate office equipment
including phones, copiers, printers, and fax machines.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to
multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to maintain accurate notes as needed. Staff
- Attend weekly staff meeting and other meetings as
- Reports to the Office Manager and works closely with the Office
Manager and other staff members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. by Jobble
Keywords: Trinity United Methodist Church, Arlington , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!