Head Men's Wheelchair Basketball Coach
Company: University of Texas at Arlington
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Head Men's Wheelchair Basketball Coach (S03816P) Bookmark this
Posting - Print Preview - Apply for this Job Posting Details
Position Information Posting Number S03816P Position Title Head
Men's Wheelchair Basketball Coach (S03816P) Department Campus
Recreation Location Arlington Job Family Campus Recreation Position
Status Full-time Work Hours Variable Work Schedule Monday-Friday;
8:00am-5:00pm.UTA currently requires periodic COVID -19 testing for
all employeesOpen to External and Internal FLSA Salary $52,000.00
Duration Funding expected to continue Pay Basis Monthly Benefits
Eligible Yes Job Summary This position is responsible for coaching
and development for all aspects of the Movin Mavs wheelchair
basketball team.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach Wheelchair Basketball arrange for daily practice, film
and film systems and sessions, captains meetings, practice
planning; recruit for future teams, negotiate and administer
scholarship offerings to student athletes.
- Team and Program management tournament and travel scheduling;
outreach activities, scheduling and travel; coordinating interns
for scheduling and internship projects; design/order team apparel;
participate in campus committees and campus activities as
representative of the program; design and implement other program
activities; coordinate officials and volunteers for tournaments and
special events; work with Dallas Wheelchair Mavericks, Dallas Lady
Mavericks, Dallas Junior Mavericks and DFW Free Wheelers on
equipment, scheduling, practices and clinics; host a Summer Camps
and other events that will bring top prospects from around the
United States and the world to the UTA campus.
- Fundraising; Find and develop sponsors who are interested in
supporting the Mission and Vision of the Movin Mavs Programs; Write
thank you notes to sponsors and alumni, support donations and
maintain sponsor, alumni and donor relationships. Develop and
maintain Alumni recognition program.
- Seek out and develop academic partnerships on campus for
academic and research collaborations. Partner with research
collaborations and projects for the growth of the program and the
sport. Represent the program as a resource to on-campus, community
and outside professional organizations.Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree from an accredited College or University.
Experience with Head Coaching duties in Wheelchair Basketball.
- Valid Class C Operators Drivers License.
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may
be substituted as appropriate.
- Marginal/Incidental duties: Occasionally drive a UTA
- Other functions as assigned.Preferred Qualifications
- Masters degree in Coaching or related field. Two years
experience with Head Coaching duties in Wheelchair Basketball.
- Working knowledge of National Wheelchair Basketball
- History of successfully working with population of student with
- Good communication skills and understanding of pedagogy.
- Proven ability to recruit student athletes.
- CPR /First Aid Certification. International level coaching
- Excellent communication skills.Working Conditions Exposure to
standard office conditions. Repetitive use of a keyboard at a
workstation. Use of manual dexterity. Security Sensitive; criminal
background check conducted. Require travel and work flexible
hours.Special Conditions for Eligibility Working Title EEO
Statement UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University
prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual
orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on
finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.Posting Detail
Information Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date Open Date
Review Start Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to
Applicants Requirement Questions Required fields are indicated with
an asterisk (*).
- What is the highest degree you have obtained? (Please specify
in your resume)
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Masters degree
- PhD or PsyD
- How many years of experience do you have with coaching duties
in Wheelchair Basketball?
- 1 to 2 years
- 3 to 5 years
- More than 5 years
- How many years of experience do you have working with students
- None/less than 2 years
- 2 to 3 years
- 4 to 5 years
- 6 years or moreDocuments Needed To Apply Required
- Resume or CV
- Cover/Interest LetterOptional Documents
Keywords: University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington , Head Men's Wheelchair Basketball Coach, Education / Teaching , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!