Theatre Arts Teacher - Fine Arts Elementary
Company: Arlington Independent School District
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Teacher/Professional - Elementary - Theatre Arts Teacher Grades
K-6 Job Number 0000732680 Start Date Open Date 02/01/2022 Closing
Date 05/13/2023 ROLE AND PURPOSE:
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and
experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable
students to develop competencies and skills to function
successfully in society.QUALIFICATIONS:Education/Certification
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for
subject and level assignedSPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal
skillsMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:Instructional Strategies
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the
requirements of district's curriculum program and show written
evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of
the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results
to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify
curricula as needed for special education students according to
guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional
goals, objectives and methods according to district
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning
process.Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through
formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as Sponsor
outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of
school district.Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of
Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting
conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students,
parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district and school
regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).WORKING CONDITIONS:Mental
Demands/Physical Demands/Environment Factors
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks and
other classroom equipment.NOTE: In order to minimize current campus
disruption, current teachers and classroom assistants may only
apply to job postings if the position is a promotion. A promotion
is defined by an increase in salary grade or incremental stipend.
This does not apply if the transfer window is open.Duty Days 187
Additional Job Information This is a pooled position. It is open
year round even if no current openings exist. This position is
located at the Fine Arts Academies.Pay Grade Teacher/Librarian
Keywords: Arlington Independent School District, Arlington , Theatre Arts Teacher - Fine Arts Elementary, Education / Teaching , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!