Law Enforcement & Court Systems Teacher 9-12
Company: Arlington Independent School District
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Teacher/Professional - Secondary - Law Enforcement and Court
Job Number 0000732602
Open Date 02/01/2022
Closing Date 05/13/2023
ROLE AND PURPOSE:
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and
experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual,
emotional, physical and social growth.
- Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function
successfully in society.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university required
- Valid Texas teaching certificate or eligible for alternative
certification or local teaching permit
- An assignment for Law Enforcement Technology is allowed with
one of the following certificates.
- Trade and Industrial Education:
- Grades 6-12 with appropriate work approval as identified on the
- Grades 8-12 with appropriate work approval as identified on the
- Vocational Trades and Industry with appropriate work approval
as identified on the certificate
- Arlington ISD local teaching permit. This assignment requires
appropriate work approval. Provide documented work experience in
Law Enforcement technology per Arlington ISD guidelines for issuing
a local teaching permit.
- Provide documented work experience in Law Enforcement
technology per Arlington ISD guidelines for issuing a local
- Law Enforcement technology industry experience (required).
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned
and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons and adapt the curriculum for individual student
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons and communicate
objectives to students.
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established
by Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media
consistent with the needs and capabilities of the student groups
- Provide opportunities for students to participate actively and
- Evaluate and provide feedback on student progress during
- Manage allotted learning time to maximize student
- Knowledge of subjects' assigned, general knowledge of
curriculum and instruction and good knowledge of child growth and
- Provide extended hour opportunities for students to obtain the
minimum required hours and skills to sit for industry certification
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and
implementing instructional goals, objectives and methods in
accordance with district requirements.
- Present for students a positive role model that supports the
mission of the school district.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district and school
regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes in
a regular school day
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other
ADMINISTRATION AND FISCAL/FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
equipment, materials and facilities
- Compile, maintain and file accurately and correctly all
reports, records and other documents required.
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and
provide progress and report cards as required.
- Maintain appropriate assessment evaluation documentation.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Establish a discipline management plan, maintain order in the
classroom and administer discipline in accordance with board
policies and administrative regulations.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as
assigned and may volunteer to sponsor outside activities approved
by the school.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with
students and their parents concerning instructional expectations
and student progress.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues,
students, parents and community members.
- Promote the school in a positive manner within the school and
- Use acceptable communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly to colleagues, students, parents and
- Provide opportunities for students to provide Law Enforcement
services to the school and community.
- Engage in cross curricular activities with other CTE content
areas as appropriate to the curriculum.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in the district staff development program.
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional
- Participate in a principal approved externship with an industry
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for student
teacher(s), educational assistant(s) and/or volunteer(s).
- Administer standardized and other tests as required.
- Provide as much as possible, a safe environment to protect
- Employ the use of technologies in the teaching/learning
- Demonstrate human relations skills that are professional,
ethical and responsible.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Work is located in a classroom environment. Must have ability
to move from one location to another throughout the district.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written), ability to
instruct and ability to maintain emotional control under
NOTE: In order to minimize current campus disruption, current
teachers and classroom assistants may only apply to job postings if
the position is a promotion. A promotion is defined by an increase
in salary grade or incremental stipend. This does not apply if the
transfer window is open.
AISD Salary Schedule
Duty Days 192
Additional Job Information
This is a pooled position. It is open year round even if no current
Pay Grade Teacher/Librarian
Keywords: Arlington Independent School District, Arlington , Law Enforcement & Court Systems Teacher 9-12, Education / Teaching , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!