2023-24 Elementary Teacher - Grade 3
Company: Arlington Independent School District
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Teacher/Professional - Elementary - Elementary Teacher - Grade
Job Number 0000743690
Open Date 01/17/2023
Closing Date 05/03/2024
ROLE AND PURPOSE:
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and
experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable
students to develop competencies and skills to function
successfully in society.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for
subject and level assignedSPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal
skillsMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the
requirements of district's curriculum program and show written
evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of
the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results
to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify
curricula as needed for special education students according to
guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional
goals, objectives and methods according to district
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through
formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as Sponsor
outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of
Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting
conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students,
parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district and school
regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).WORKING CONDITIONS:
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environment Factors
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks and
other classroom equipment.
NOTE: In order to minimize current campus disruption, current
teachers and classroom assistants may only apply to job postings if
the position is a promotion. A promotion is defined by an increase
in salary grade or incremental stipend. This does not apply if the
transfer window is open.
AISD Salary Schedule
Duty Days 187
Additional Job Information
This is a pooled position. It is open year round even if no current
Pay Grade Teacher/Librarian
Keywords: Arlington Independent School District, Arlington , 2023-24 Elementary Teacher - Grade 3, Education / Teaching , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!