Principal Reliability Engineer
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company Overview:If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone!Role
Summary:Subject matter expert who can partner with Global
Engineering and Product Leaders to identify industry trends and
practices to establish Valve Reliability initiatives and processes
to position the organization on the leading edge of End User MRO
Service support and provide accurate data to Technology,
Engineering and Product Management teams to improve product
performance or drive new technology and product innovation.
Identifies and assesses future industry trends taking into account
technology innovation, industry and product
development.Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Reliability Subject Matter Expert on Valve and Actuator systems
who will engage with End Users, Engineering and MRO Service Teams
to promote and drive innovative solutions to solve product
reliability and maintenance issues.
- Works with Technology, Engineering, Service and Product
Management Leaders to establish industry best practices and develop
reliability systems to monitor, report and analyze product
performance and failures on valve, actuator and control products
over their life cycles.
- Coordinates with Engineering, Service and Product Management
Leaders to develop operational Reliability, Availability and
Maintainability (RAM)requirements for organizational actions and to
assist with the translation of these requirements into practical
processes and procedures for use by the rest of the FCO
- Establishes processes, systems and best practices to identify
and analyze product failures and inadequacies and provides inputs
to drive root cause corrective action process.
- Develops Reliability and Maintenance solutions using technology
and reliability based approach to problem solving.
- Plans and coordinates internal and 3rd party reliability tests
and evaluations on valve, actuator and control products.
- Engages with other appropriate Subject Matter Experts to alert
and advise them on product failures.
- Identifies product design deficiencies from field failures and
RAM data and works with Global Engineering, Product Management and
Technology Teams to initiate technology, product or design to value
(DtV) development initiatives.
- Evaluates design efforts as needed to ensure all appropriate
analyses such as failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis
(FMEA), design analyses and tolerance analyses have been
- Conducts continuing review and evaluation of reliability and
program effectiveness through review of test data, reports,
correspondence, data bases, field data, product and process audits,
and observation of internal operations
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to identify new and
innovative technologies and product opportunities for the
organization and evaluates Proof of Concept ideas for further
development by Product Engineering.
- Responsible for Pre-Gate 0 Evaluation/ Concept Design
activities (and documentation) in the Development Process.
- Works with marketing to explore and evaluate technologies and
ideas proposed to FCO by research facilities, organizations and
venture capital firms, with the aim of advancing FCO's competitive
position in new and existing markets.
- Provides recommendations to management regarding which R&D
projects should be executed by the company to maintain a
competitive edge in the markets served and to enter potential new
- Specialist and advisor in life cycle economic analysis and cost
- Credible company representative at international conferences,
with ability to engage experts and present industry white papers.
Advances Flowserve's technical standing in the marketplace.
- Represents FCO's technical and commercial interests as a key
contributor to new or revised regulations and standards developed
by industrial and regulatory organizations, also assists
Engineering and Product Management teams to understand and address
the impact of new standards and regulations on FCO
- Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
with 10 years relevant industry experience
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
with 15 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
with 20 years relevant industry experience
- ASQ Certified Reliability or equivalent certification.
- Industrial Equipment Technical support in one of the following
industries: Refining, Power, Mining, Petrochemical.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Valve and Actuator
EquipmentPreferred Experience / Skills:
- Clear written and verbal communication style to be the
professional face of Flowserve to the Customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high sense of urgency,
with a customer focused mindset.
- Ability to produce professional reports and presentations in
keeping with company policies and objectives.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing maintenance, monitoring and diagnostics
programs for industrial equipment.
- High level application of advanced engineering processes
including statistical process control, reliability modeling and
prediction, Fault Tree Analysis , Weibull Analysis, Six Sigma
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Works under high level supervision.
- Proactive problem solver who identifies product performance
issues and develops action plans and communication strategies to
elevate the issue within the organization.
- Identifies and quantifies the impact of defects and poor
performance on FCO Products and End Users processes.
- Uses expertise and knowledge to influence and motivate global
teams to develop solutions to resolve product defect and customer
- Solves complex problems and develops solutions based on
technical expertise and product reliability monitoring and
comprehensive research of issues.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of specialized area and understands
how their role complements and contributes to other functions in
achieving organizational objectives.
- Affiliations with the following Organizations and Conferences:
ICRE (International Conference on Reliability Engineering), IEEE
- CMRP (Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional), SMRP
(Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals)
- Combined experience and post-graduate degree, top career
- Industry experience in refineries (Shell, CNRL, Exxon), mining
processes (Barrick), power processes, chemical processes (Dupont,
Dow Chemical), Others (Schlumberger, Neles)Other Posting Location:
Cookeville, Tennessee US;, Houston, Texas US;, Raleigh, North
Carolina US;, Springville, Utah US;Job Advertising Title: Principal
Reliability EngineerPrimary Posting Location: Irving, Texas USJob
Posting Category: Engineering/R&DEmployment Type: Full time% of
Time Remote: 51-70%Country: United StatesRemote Worker: YesAuto req
ID: 53861BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes
employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or
protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn
more.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Arlington , Principal Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!