Structural Engineer - Project Engineering & Product Development (Remote)
Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description: This is a REMOTE position; however, to be
considered, applicants should reside in the following states: PA,
GA, NJ, TX, WI, NV, AZ, or FL . Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty
building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building
challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility
managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first
extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product
categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic
buildings around the world-from the world s tallest tower, Burj
Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit
Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere
and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges,
we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better Solving
complex movement challenges for over 50 years. No company can come
close to our experience and expertise handling cutting edge seismic
projects. From standard solutions to highly engineered systems like
expansion joint covers, corridors, base isolations, even stairs, CS
can create a cover to meet your project requirements. SCOPE OF
POSITION: Conducts and engages in innovation, new product
development, product testing, and product/process improvement
aligned with strategic product development goals. Provides high
level consultative leadership to projects. Goals are
cross-functional multi-skilled development, focusing on producing
tangible product increments within a short time frame. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily
limited to the following:
- Designs, develops, and evaluates new products and improves
existing products through the use of engineering principles and
- Leads and/or participates in cross-functional teams for new
product development initiatives.
- Consults with project engineers and architects to develop
project specific products for unique applications worldwide.
- Works with manufacturing personnel to develop efficient
manufacturing operations for new products and improve those of
- Reviews, creates, and modifies engineering specifications,
calculations, drawings, bills of material and other technical
- Participates in industry trade organizations and engages with
codes and testing agencies on behalf of the company.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Qualification: KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum
Education and/or Experience required)
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience, 3-5 yrs experience
- Demonstrated project management and construction industry
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently.
- Possesses a high self-confidence and demonstrates an innovative
and creative attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others both directly
and within a cross functional environment.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, and/or Inventor and MS Office.
- Professional registration preferred but not required.
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Arlington , Structural Engineer - Project Engineering & Product Development (Remote), Engineering , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!