Intern - Service Reliability Engineer (SPRING)
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Acxiom is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Site Reliability
Engineer (SRE) Intern to join our dynamic team. As an SRE Intern,
you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in
maintaining and enhancing the reliability, performance, and
scalability of our complex technology systems. You will collaborate
with experienced engineers to learn and implement best practices in
site reliability, automation, and continuous improvement.
- The internship will begin on January 8, 2024
- Our intention is to have interns work on-site in Conway,
Arkansas when possible.
- 20-25 hour/week work dedication during the semester, up to
40/week during summer and breaks
- Anticipated graduation date between May 2024 - May 2025*What
you will do:*
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining tools and
systems for monitoring, alerting, and incident response to ensure
high system availability and performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve
technical issues, troubleshoot incidents, and participate in root
- Contribute to developing and enhancing automation scripts and
infrastructure as code (IaC) solutions to streamline deployment,
configuration, and scaling of applications.
- Work on projects to improve system resilience, fault tolerance,
and disaster recovery strategies.
- Participate in responding to and mitigating incidents, ensuring
24/7 system reliability.
- Contribute to documentation efforts related to SRE best
practices, runbooks, and technical guides.*What you will need:*
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software
Engineering, or a related field
- Ability to manage time, responsibilities, and priorities
effectively with emphasis on contribution
- Demonstrable analytical, organizational, and problem-solving
- Strong interest in site reliability engineering, infrastructure
operations, and system administration*What will set you apart:*
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix system administration, including
managing servers, configuring services, and troubleshooting
- Public Cloud certifications
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with Observability (Monitoring)
- Knowledge of cloud platformsWho are we seeking?
- Top Talent & High Performers: We hire the brightest in the
- Innovative Collaborators: We drive operational improvements to
promote efficiency and improve performance.
- Future Leaders: We develop our people and promote from
- Game Changers: We encourage people to challenge the status quo
and explore new possibilities.
- Emotional Intelligence: We cultivate greatness both within
ourselves and with others.
- Hardworking Employees: We look for initiative to conquer unique
challenges.Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in
recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of
associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's
race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected
veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics
or other protected status. Primary Location City/State:Homebased -
Conway, Arkansas Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal
opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not
discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other
employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of
a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin,
protected veteran, military status, physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics or
other protected status. Attention California Applicants: Please see
our CCPA/CPRA Privacy Act notice here . Attention Colorado,
California, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, New York City , Ohio,
Rhode Island, and Washington Applicants: This position is not
located in the aforementioned locations but applications for remote
work may be considered. For information about this role under state
or local equal pay or pay transparency laws, please contact
Keywords: Acxiom, Arlington , Intern - Service Reliability Engineer (SPRING), Engineering , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!