Posted on: September 20, 2023
7115 - Texas Stadium - 3100 Spur 482, Irving, Texas, 75062
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Ensure every vehicle is one our customers can rely on
Every vehicle that passes through a CarMax store is repaired and
reconditioned to CarMax's high standards. Automotive Technicians
use their skills to diagnose, fix and prepare vehicles for our
customers. Specializing in an area such as engines, steering and
suspension, heating and air conditioning or brakes, you will be
part of a skilled team that brings out the best in every vehicle.
And we'll help bring out the best in you too, with a clean, modern,
climate-controlled environment. You will also enjoy a generous
range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and
retirement plans, and vehicle purchase discounts.
Under general supervision, performs all repairs required of a
Senior Technician, plus GM EFI, Ford EFI, Chrysler, EFI, Asian EFI,
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
- General repairs, brake diagnosis and repair, steering and
suspension repairs including 4-wheel alignments, CQI's,
emission/safety inspections, electrical repairs, Engine
Performance, Heating and Air Conditioning, and all EFI repairs
- Supervise/Mentor Apprentice Technicians
- Ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Final Quality
- Drive vehicles to and from various locations as requested by
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
- Maintain, repair, and clean special equipment
Work requires ability to:
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain
- Successfully work with and through associates of other
departments within the Store.
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy,
fast-paced working environment
- Required to have great attention to detail and have manual
dexterity in both arms and hands
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with
customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA
- Where required by State/Local law, and/or to qualify as a
Master Automotive Technician, must maintain ASE Certifications in
Steering and Suspension (A4), Brakes (A5), Heating Air Conditioning
(A7), Electrical (A6), Engine Repair (A1), Manual Drive Train and
Axles (A3), Engine Performance (A8), and Automatic
- Combination of both indoor and outdoor environment; May include
working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- They are expected to wear CarMax clothing (acquired through the
company) at all times while working in the store.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: CarMax, Arlington , Retail Technician, Engineering , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!