Vertica Sales Engineer, Big Data Products
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: September 13, 2018
PRESALES ENGINEER, BIG DATA PRODUCTS
Discover the new Micro Focus now the worlds 7th largest pure-play software company. By combining HPE Software and Micro Focus offerings, we have built a brand new company with a stronger, bigger portfolio that delivers customer-centered innovation. We are now uniquely positioned to help enterprise customers solve their most pressing business problems and operate in the Hybrid environmentfrom mainframe to mobile to cloud.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps - IT Operations- Cloud - Security - Information Governance - Big Data, Machine Learning, and Analytics
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated sales team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the worlds software landscape.
Are you a data rockstar? Do you want to work with the world's best data analytics platform founded by Turing Award winner Dr. Michael Stonebraker with customers such as Uber, AT&T, Cerner, Dreamworks, and Intuit?
Join our sales engineering team responsible for breaking down the technical barriers for adopting the Vertica platform and focused on being the trusted adviser to our customers.
You are a self-starter and a go-getter.
You love solving challenging data, analytics, or machine learning problems in an extremely demanding customer facing position.
You will partner with a world class sales and engineering team and make an immediate impact.
You will be a hands-on customer facing technologist and not just be slinging slideware.
- Communicate and demonstrate the Vertica story, vision, and technology to prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to show business value throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to solution architecture to customer success
- Continuously learn quickly evolving technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Machine Learning
- Become the voice of our customers internally to drive product enhancements and road map
- Travel approximately 50%
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area or equivalent practical experience
- Proven extensive experience to develop strong relationships with key decision makers & influencers within elite organizations
- Expert in Data Warehousing, Big Data, or BI / Analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to present to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a white-board or using presentations and demos
- Highly effective listening and critical thinking skills
- Hands-on, complex problem solver
- Have the technical chops and innate curiosity to learn new technologies quickly in the dynamic big data and analytics space
The Unique Value of Micro Focus
At Micro Focus we provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. Were a pure-play software company we have a level of focus that other technology companies dont have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is globalwe have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose whats right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
Micro Focus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Micro Focus, Arlington , Vertica Sales Engineer, Big Data Products, Engineering , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!