Assembly Engineer - Plastic Parts (Heat Staking, Sonic Welding, Vibrat
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: August 17, 2019
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for providing all internal and external
customers with quality, safety, and profitability through the
initiation and coordination of documented proposals to enhance
design, machinery, methods, and materials. The Manufacturing
Engineer is accountable for driving improvement in the cost of
sales of assigned product. The Manufacturing Engineer position
supports production functions to continually improve safety,
quality and productivity.SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Conduct cost analyses of change proposals.
- Coordinate and prepare change proposals for the customer.
- Acts as primary liaison between our client and
suppliers/customers for the approval and implementation of
engineering changes, and resolution of any engineering issues.
- Provide product line support by coordinating and participating
in problem solving activities for the permanent resolution of
manufacturing and quality issues.
- Assist in initiation and coordination of Engineer Change
Notices (ECNs) and assure that all engineering change activities
are completed on schedule.
- Verify Bill of Materials accuracy.
- Oversee and coordinate implementation, changes or modifications
of Production Tooling and Manufacturing Equipment, including tryout
- Initiate, coordinate, and verify design changes to part prints,
or changes to work instructions and flow charts.
- Support new programs from the APQP phase through launch by
participating in APQP activities, including but not limited to:
design development and validation, failure mode and effect
analysis, manufacturing feasibility studies, line layout, resource
allocation, operator work instructions, production trial runs, and
by anticipating and preventing any problems associated with
- Carries out assigned functions described in Policies,
Procedures, and Quality Manuals.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Makes recommendations, plans, and suggestions that promote
continuous improvement throughout the organization.Our client is a
World Class Tier I automotive supplier of plastic parts. The
company has over 20,000 employees globally with sales exceeding 4
billion annually.Do you have experience working as Assembly
Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer or similar
working with the assembly of plastic parts. If you have worked as
this type engineer with processes such as heat staking, sonic
welding, vibration welding and others, this may be the opportunity
for you! Requirements:Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of
schooling and experience required.Experience working as
Manufacturing Engineer or similar within a plastics assembly
environment where assembly of parts by heat staking, vibration
welding, sonic welding or similar is used to join parts.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Arlington , Assembly Engineer - Plastic Parts (Heat Staking, Sonic Welding, Vibrat, Engineering , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!