Supply Chain Manager 2
Posted on: April 6, 2021
The Supply Chain Manager 2 is responsible to provide tactical
direction and leadership to ensure customer requirements are met.
Responsible for day-to-day execution of all account activities.
Monitors carrier performance to optimize value delivered to the
customer. Quickly resolve any operations issues to eliminate
production loss or transportation service failures & communicate
• Responsible for all parts control and/or load control center
activities. Often requires daily analysis of customer
transportation needs. Responsible to monitor the carrier and / or
supplier bases to ensure customer demand is being met in a timely
manner. Develop action plans to address issues affecting supply
• Seek internal operating efficiencies through process / system
improvements. Reduced cycle time and/or cost of operations.
Identify new business opportunities, work with SAE to expand
service offerings. Identify and deploy continuous improvement
• Conduct performance review, corrective action, and goal setting
for team of salaried and hourly employees. Provide career
development, mentoring, and promotional opportunities to direct
reports to create future leaders. Deploy and maintain staffing and
development strategies. PCM, CDP, succession planning of all
• Responsible for the formalization of comprehensive project plans,
clarifying timelines, milestones, goals and ownership. Intervene
when necessary to resolve issues between project managers,
operations, functional teams and customers. Work closely with
customer's leadership and project team during scope development and
option analysis phase.
• Understand how customer, supplier and vendor fleets work together
and affect overall supply chain performance. Recommend vendors and
suppliers necessary to deploy logistics solution. Create and foster
a relationship with the customer's logistics manager to facilitate
operational stability. Manage the clients' expectations regarding
our team's satisfactory performance & service execution. Work
closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope
development and option analysis phase.
• Review operating metrics and fix out-of-tolerance results.
Communicating all progress on a set cadence with customer and up
through Penske covering KPI's and continuous improvement
initiatives. Thoroughly review account budget for accuracy and
report inconsistencies and analysis. Identify issues and resolve
with leadership. Continually evaluate account to assess whether
deliverable will meet customer's needs at the contractual
• Other Projects as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor's degree preferred with a concentration in Business
Administration, Supply Chain Management or equivalent
• 3 years of functional experience in multiple supply chain service
lines (transportation, warehousing, LLP, etc) required
• 2 years of supervisory or equivalent experience
• Experience with root cause analysis preferred
• Must be able to identify interim solutions or containment action
plans that have overall network implications
• Strategic direction of location, aligning local customer
expectations with Statement of Work.
• Must be able to ensure succession planning of key positions,
deployment of staffing model and developing future leaders.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while
maintaining a high degree of accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Working knowledge of financial management (P&L experience
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral
communication and organizational skills required.
• Must have a strong understanding of operations and supporting
technology, especially web based applications
• Must have a successful track record of building relationships
with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to
accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required,
complete Penske employment application, submit to a background
investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Arlington , Supply Chain Manager 2, Executive , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!