Shop Manager- R&M
Company: Take 5 Oil Change
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Shop Manager Position Overview
The Take 5 Family is hiring customer service maniacs!
People person? Do you enjoy leading a team? Outgoing and positive
attitude? We will train you the Take 5 way to oversee a shop.
You'll be accountable for your team's execution of the Take 5
standards for changing oil, replacing wiper blades/air filters,
filling air in tires, and other light maintenance services. Our
employees are successful with all backgrounds and experience
levels. Take 5 offers a stay-in-your-car hassle free oil change
experience. The job is similar to restaurants or retail
What Employees Love about Take 5
- Annual Shop Manager Conference
- Weekly salary, weekly sales commission, monthly bonus
- The Pit Tech to President career path; Take 5 is committed to
supporting your career goals. Over 90% of District Managers worked
their way up from shop level positions.
- The family environment
- Benefits: Free oil changes, Paid time off, 401(k) program
- Employee contests
- Standard benefits options (medical/dental/vision etc.)
- Easy to transfer to locations across the country
- Opportunity to meet new people every day
- Community involvement
- Learning new skillsJOB SUMMARY
- The Manager is the link between the District Manager and other
employees. The Manager is charged with the responsibility of
setting a good example for how to conduct one's self at all time.
Moreover, he or she is responsible for interviewing and training
employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising
performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing
and resolving complaints and problems.
The Manager reports directly to the District Manager.
- Must be available to work each day that the store is open for
- Review, on a continuous basis, the general business climate for
the store and adjust staffing, materials and inventories as
- Maintain store facilities to produce high quality services at
the lowest possible cost.
- Ensure staffing requirements are sufficiently met and resolve
staffing problems in a prompt manner.
- Analyze statistical and numerical data to calculate store
requirements, and take proactive steps to ensure successful store
operations and sales.
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of
satisfaction through quality products, courteous employees and
quick response to needs.
- Facilitate prompt resolution of customer problems and
- Communicate in a clear, concise manner via verbal or written
form with management, store employees and customers to ensure
- Take an active role in inventory, merchandising, marketing and
sales activities to provide an example for store employees, and to
maintain familiarity with all phases of store operations.
- Monitor activities of customer, personnel and store operations
throughout the store, manage inquiries relating to store management
and resolve operational problems that require immediate
- Build and maintain sound business relationships with vendors
- Provide constructive direction to department managers and
delegate duties appropriate to skill and ability.
- Implement sales promotions as directed.
- Operate and maintain store equipment efficiently to include
point of sale terminals.
- Facilitate store meetings as required.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Coordinate special projects and perform other related duties as
- Opens and closes the service center in a timely and dependable
- Reconciles cash drawer, sales slips and credit card
- Orders, receives and inventories oil, automotive accessories
- Performs all major automotive services.
- Conducts final inspections and verifications of vehicles in the
- Plans in advance for vacations or other time off.
- Maintain an effective store staff through the selection,
training, compensation, motivation, termination and review of all
- Enforce policies and procedures in verbal and written form, and
maintain accurate records in a secure, confidential manner.
- Maintain sound employee relations at all levels of the
To qualify for the position of Manager, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The standards listed
below are representative of the levels of knowledge, skill, and
ability required to perform the duties of Assistant Manager. PLEASE
NOTE THAT, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND
REGISTRATIONS DISCUSSION, THESE STANDARDS ARE RECOMMENDED-NOT
Minimum Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/General Education Degree (GED); or
one-to-three month's related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience; and prior
management in a retail sales and supervisory experience
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short
correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to count out a cash drawer and apply those numbers to a
- Ability to accurately make out a deposit slip.Reasoning
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate recommendations to customers regarding
their car and its needs.
- Ability to effectively meet and exceed service center goals and
percentages.Certificates, Licenses, and Registration
- MUST have a valid driver's license.Physical Capabilities
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers for handling and
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, balance, climb, stoop,
kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- Frequently required to hear and talk.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to use close vision, distant vision, and
peripheral vision, and/or depth perception.
- Regularly required to adjust visual focus.Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic
or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate noise level.
Keywords: Take 5 Oil Change, Arlington , Shop Manager- R&M, Executive , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!