Energy Policy Director
Company: PLUS Communications
Posted on: March 15, 2023
PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based
in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning
campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications,
digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!PLUS
Communications is looking for a Energy Policy Director to provide
public affairs and policy expertise, communications strategy and
messaging direction, strategic planning, and client relationship
management for a large-scale client in the energy industry.Your day
in this position includes:
- Serving as a key advisor to the client - providing counsel on
day-to-day communications efforts and long-term strategies.
- Develop strategic messaging and communications plans around
complex energy policy issues.
- Serving as a resource in the energy space for targeted
reporters - for background conversations about relevant policy
- Crafting narratives by distilling complex energy policy and
regulatory information into tangible messaging for a variety of
- Developing, writing, and editing media and messaging materials
(such as press releases, talking points, media statements, opinion
pieces, fact sheets).
- Serving as a liaison between PLUS' internal team, the client,
other agency partners and external vendors. This job may be for
you, if you:
- Exhibit deep, technical knowledge on energy policy.
- Have proven experience crafting communication plans and
messages about energy issues and policy.
- Can work together with our clients' public affairs teams to
develop strategic communication plans.
- Can identify and communicate the nuances of energy policy to
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several
projects simultaneously to ensure nothing falls through the
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Can balance a high-volume workload while maintaining attention
to the details.
- Can motivate a team to deliver high-quality results in
- Are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no
matter the time commitment. What we require:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in public policy - on Capitol
Hill, in the administration, at a think tank
- Deep and technical knowledge of energy policy.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to
synthesize technical content.
- Experience managing comprehensive communications
- Experience working directly with press and a rolodex of energy
or sustainability reporters.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various
communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social,
- Proven experience in writing and editing materials and a strong
understanding of AP Style. Benefits you will receive:We offer
competitive compensation with an opportunity for a year-end bonus.
Medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance. We also offer a
paid parental leave program, paid vacation and paid sick leave. In
addition, we have a work from home hybrid environment.PLUS
Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Keywords: PLUS Communications, Arlington , Energy Policy Director, Executive , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...