Vice President, Triumph Operating System (Operational Excellence) -
Company: Triumph Group
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer. Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain - from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft - from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage. Responsibilities The Vice President of the Triumph Operating System (TOS) will drive operational excellence and continue the journey to a sustainable continuous improvement culture across the 14,000 employees in the organization. The purpose of this role is to champion operational excellence by leading the transformation, education, and culture change of a $3B, multi-site corporation utilizing lean and six sigma techniques. In this role, you would be the Triumph corporate leader for process improvements and operating system that meets business needs, manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term strategic and operational planning, and contribute to the overall performance of the business. Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Continue to improve and deploy the recently launched Triumph Operating System (TOS)
- Support the development, training and mentoring of TOS leads and Triumph Change Agents (TCAs) across the businesses
- Expand a Continuous Improvement culture through the deployment of the Triumph Operating Systems (TOS) to all sites and functions.
- Inspire change as the "face" of TOS to all TGI employees though leadership and presentation skills
- Inspire transition to the new culture by balancing between cheerleading and creation of a burning platform as a Change Management Leader.
- Recognize the Burning Platform and ability to create and drive a Lean Vision at all levels of the corporation
- Influence and support the lean transformation plan across Business Units that impact Key Business Measures to include Revenue, Operating Income, and Cash Flow.
- Facilitate Policy Deployment (Hoshin Kanri Planning) throughout the business. Includes coaching and mentoring Policy Deployment teams in the process and delivery of strategic initiatives.
- Lead/facilitate corporate or highly strategic projects and/or events which address critical issues, helping to drive improvements through the business operation.
- Accountable for developing appropriate key business measures known as Core Value Drivers, KPI's and operations metrics, lean strategy / execution
- Support the selection, training and development of TOS leads and Triumph Change Agents deployed throughout the Business Units
- Assist the leadership teams in the development of strategic continuous improvement plans for their businesses
- Coach and develop a problem-solving culture during plant visits
- Communicate across the organization at all levels, from individual contributors to executive leadership level.
- Integrate Inventory teams into TOS for a sustainable process to create Cash Flow
- Reports directly to the VP Performance Excellence who reports to the CEO.
- Directly manage small corporate team of TOS leaders / trainers.
- Partners with Functional VP's and BU leaders (Executive VP's) to staff TOS leadership positions in each business.
- Member of corporate Extended Leadership Team with frequent interactions with the CEO and corporate Senior Leadership Team. #LI-KD1 #GDOOR Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred concentration in engineering, manufacturing/operations, or an equivalent level of degree.
- 15+ years of leadership experience in progressively responsible roles and owned results.
- Preferred P&L or Site General Management experience.
- 15+ years of experience facilitating, coaching and implementing Lean/six sigma events and driving major lean transformations with proven results.
- Strong skill set and Passion for CI / Operating System excellence; Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt preferred.
- Aerospace Design and Manufacturing Experience.
- Executive presence - ability to work with senior executives and staff levels with minimum or no guidance
- Strong communication skills - ability to prepare executive presentations, deliver clear messages to a wide variety of audiences
- Successful Experience in a matrixed, fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Proven ability to successfully manage cross functional teams, all levels of the organization and implement improvement within an established time frame, then sustain improvements in a matrixed environment.
- Lean and Six Sigma Certifications or equivalent
- High energy, team oriented, data driven, and results focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills and organization skills must be comfortable teaching and presenting to large groups at all levels of the organization from shop floor to CEO.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and various analysis tools.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Certified in Lean / Continuous Improvement at a Fortune 500 company.
Keywords: Triumph Group, Arlington , Vice President, Triumph Operating System (Operational Excellence) -, Executive , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!