Cityline Justice Software Department Manager
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Reporting to the IIS Software Engineering Director, the Software
Department Manager for the Justice program will be responsible for
acquiring, training and managing a team of software engineers to
meet or exceed new business growth goals and all software related
cost, schedule and technical commitments for the Justice
-Management of 200 Software engineers including a Department staff
of 14+ Software Section Managers / Technical Leads.
-Support new business capture by reviewing bids for any new Justice
program contracts, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Rough Order
Of Magnitudes (ROMs) and Non-Binding Budgetary Estimates (NBBEs)
assuring that the solution being proposed is fact / metric based,
is compliant and meets the price to win.
-Execution oversight of the Justice Development and Sustainment
CLINs, including review and approval of the Software engineering
Estimates At Completes (EACs).
-Workforce planning and the supply / development of skilled
Software engineers for the Justice program to ensure execution
success and on contract new business growth.
-Deployment and oversight of Corporate and IIS Software
Organizational initiatives on the Justice program.
-Responsible for data integrity, collection, analysis and reporting
of all Raytheon Corporate and IIS Software metrics.
-Support career development of the engineers within the Justice
Software Department, by conducting performance reviews of
Department Staff; assessing / assigning performance ratings;
generating / reviewing achievement awards; merit and promotion
planning for the Justice Software Department.
-Generation of a weekly and monthly status report detailing Justice
Program software highlights and key employee accomplishments.
-Management of approved Justice Software Department overhead
expenses including employee training, travel, relocation, morale
events and computer / mobile assets.
-Leverage new technologies, methodologies, tools and processes used
in industry to ensure the Justice Program increases efficiency,
software quality and keeps Raytheon competitive.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or
other relevant technical discipline.
- 12+ years of experience working in the software development
- 4+ years of experience as a Section / Line Manager.
- Ability to manage a large group of engineers (130+).
- Ability to manage, train and mentor 8-10 Department staff.
- Experience working on proposals including a demonstrated
ability to prepare metric / fact based cost estimates, delivery
schedules, and technical solutions to meet the price to win.
- Experience developing Basis Of Estimates (BOEs).
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI)
- Current in the technologies, methodologies, processes and tools
used in the software industry with a demonstrated track record of
deploying these on programs.
- Existing TS/SCI clearance. Desired Skills:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other
relevant technical discipline.
- Experience bidding and oversight of Firm Fixed Price (FFP)
- Experience working on International programs.
- Certified Basis of Estimate (BOE) developer and / or
- Experience working on a development program using an Agile /
- Experience dealing with Information Assurance and Cyber
- Experience developing web-based systems using a Service
Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Cloud computing.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any
required Export Authorization. 140716Raytheon is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Arlington , Cityline Justice Software Department Manager, Executive , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!