Company: Related Companies
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Overview Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related
Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing,
acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60%
of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are
part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional
20% of these homes provide workforce housing. In the area of
acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of
the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based
contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation;
Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions;
Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or
other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or
state-financed public housing. Many of the buildings we encounter
are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to
continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our
42 years of experience in debt and equity financing --- as well as
our extensive management of government-assisted properties --- we
are well-positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the
resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to
exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive
development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly
rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of
these projects for years to come. Responsibilities Your role with
the company: This Community Manager is responsible for the overall
day-to-day operations to oversee a Tax Credit Community in
Arlington,TX. The Community Manager is responsible for overall
day-to-day operations of one or several properties including the
supervision of office and maintenance functions in compliance with
all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal
Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes, as
well as ensuring each property compliance with all and any
applicable program regulations. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure consistent application of property rules and
regulations, lease documents and site control.
- Conduct recruiting, hiring, training and evaluation of all
- Responsible for program compliance, including EIV reports,
IR---s, AR---s, completing and maintaining accurate resident files
at move-in and at each recertification, following HUD and LIHTC
- Obtains appropriate documentation, completes certifications and
collects deposits and rents in accordance with program policies and
- Ensures site staff responds to all resident requests or
complaints in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Ensure that service requests and turnover of vacant units are
completed in a timely manner.
- Supervises all site accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Familiar with all procedures and requirements of accounts
payable and accounts receivable;
- Monitors rent collections and landlord/tenant court action
statuses. Supervises all arrears and collection attempts.
- Ensures that vendor invoices are processed for timely payments,
including petty cash, postage and expense reimbursements, and
approves payment on all appropriate invoices as processed by site
- Assures timely compliance with all reporting deadlines, i.e.
BVR---s, accounts payable/accounts receivable, open items, 504
- Conducts regular comprehensive exterior/interior physical
- Develops, implements, and assures continued implementation of
preventive maintenance. Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid
Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Program Qualifications
- Three to five years of experience as an Affordable Housing
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial goals, operate
asset in owners--- best interest in accordance with Policies &
- Strong financial background that includes: reading and
understanding financial statements, budget preparation, managing
expenses, analyzing markets, approval of purchase orders and
vendors, income and expense reports.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based
Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable
Housing and Tax Credit.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a
rapport with the residents, community staff and HUD
administrator/State Monitoring Agency.
- Able to handle challenges, with proven history of increased
productivity, and lead others in high-demand situations.
- Manage property risk effectively by communicating incidents and
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to
ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and
competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market
conditions and trends.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an
example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are
handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary
reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives
to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational
skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including
excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and
further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and
within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program)
or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts
Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of
credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to
perform day-to-day activities #cb #cb2 #APJR1 Related is an Equal
Keywords: Related Companies, Arlington , Community Manager, Executive , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!