Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Description: Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible
for the provision of nursing care under the direct responsibility
of a Physician. Works as part of a team to enhance patient quality
of life. Ensures all documentation is compliant with professional
and legal standards.Primary Tasks: Licensed Practical Nurse /
Bilingual Preferred English & Spanish
- Performs medical intake procedures including labs, vital signs
- Maintains and stocks inventory of clinical supplies
- Triages patient phone calls and walk-ins.
- Orders prescription refills.
- Prepares all diagnostic documentation as needed for patient
- Performs specimen processing.
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control
- Documents all patient care in an accurate and timely
- Prepares and distributes reports within the clinic and to the
health care team as necessary.
- Prepares records/documents in response to requests from other
health care providers.
- Requests diagnostic test results from other health care
- Provides assistance with referrals and coordinates services
with other organizations, federal and local programs.
- Collaborates with clinic team members to coordinate patient
- Promotes and practices CAN's values and mission, and adheres to
all policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in
accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of practice.Secondary
Tasks: Licensed Practical Nurse / Bilingual Preferred English &
- Provides assistance in all clinical areas.
- Continues professional training and education to advance
knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of services
rendered to CAN clients.
- Develops and fosters networking relationships with community
and support resources.
- Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost effective
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect in all
interpersonal relationships with CAN clients, staff and
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.Responsible To: RN Team
Leader. Requirements: Physical Requirements: Licensed Practical
Nurse / Bilingual Preferred English & Spanish
- Neat, professional appearance.
- MEDIUM: Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up
to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Requires full range of body motion
including handling and lifting patients. Includes sitting, standing
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity.Education/Professional Experience:
Licensed Practical Nurse / Bilingual Preferred English &
- LPN graduate of an accredited school of nursing currently
licensed to practice in the State of Florida
- Valid driver's license
- Electronic Medical Records classes through SuccessEHS
- HIV classes through local health departments or on-line
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Licensed Practical Nurse
/ Bilingual Preferred English & Spanish
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIV medical terminology, procedures,
medications and accepted treatment practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA rules, regulations and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with patients,
visitors and staff members.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques, be a
self-starter, work effectively, organized and perform multiple
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety
- Bilingual Preferred- Spanish & EnglishOther Duties: Licensed
Practical Nurse / Bilingual Preferred English & SpanishPlease note
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of an employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Arlington , LPN, Healthcare , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!