RN- Registered Nurse
Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: April 4, 2021
CAN Community Health has opened our newest clinic in Arlington, TX.
We are the second leading provider of HIV, STD and HEP C medical
services in the United States. We offer a good starting rate,
excellent benefit program including retirement with generous match.
Excellent Quality Life Working Schedule Mon - Thurs 8:30 to 5:30,
Fridays 8:30 to 12:30! Statement of Purpose: Provides and
coordinates direct nursing services and procedures to patients.
Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance patient
quality of life through competent medical intervention. Ensures all
documentation is in compliance with professional and legal
standards.Primary Tasks: Registered Nurse
- Performs complete patient evaluation and assessment.
- Records and reports symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes
in patient's conditions.
- Accurate assimilation, interpretation and reporting of changing
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in
accordance with established protocols.
- Reviews charts of patients on a daily basis to ensure all
necessary documentation is present, current, and complete to
facilitate physician visit.
- Assists with data collection as requested
- Documents any risk assessment activities.
- Triages patient phone calls and walk-ins, and prioritizes
emergencies for medical referral.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect in all
interpersonal and intraprofessional relationships with CAN clients,
staff, and visitors.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of professional
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks
- Process all referrals as quickly as possible
- Reevaluate and follow-up on patients treatment and health
- Counsel and educate individuals on health related and lifestyle
- To evaluate the efficacy of education and counseling approaches
- Delegates activities to support staff within the scope of
- Documents all patient care in an accurate, timely, legible
manner in compliance with Board of Nursing Protocol.
- Participates in clinic-related research activities and is aware
of relevant research protocols under direction of physician
- Promotes and practices CAN's, mission and values, and follows
its policies and procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
confidential in accordance with HIPAA, professional and
departmental standards.Secondary Tasks: Registered Nurse
- Files physician dictations, lab reports, referrals, and flow
- Randomly audits charts from a quality improvement perspective,
documents findings, and makes recommendations for continuous
- Copies and forwards any/all medical information as requested by
- Continues ongoing personal professional training and education
to advance skills/knowledge of HIV and related disease processes,
medications, and treatments.
- Provides assistance in all clinical areas, as needed, and
supported by professional licensure and accepted, appropriate
- Utilize resources in a cost effective manner.
- Performs Venipuncture and VaccinationsResponsible To: RN
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Required: Registered Nurse
- Demonstrates knowledge of HIV documentation protocols.
- Demonstrates experience with OSHA mandates, documentation, and
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, procedures,
medications, and accepted treatment practices.
- Ability and willingness to make independent nursing decisions
based on nursing assessment.
- Demonstrates ability to self motivate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks as
- Maintains ongoing, appropriate documentation of all activities
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Knowledge of community health services and agencies
- Ability to apply principals of health promotion and disease
- Able to work with health professional in a team
environment.Physical Requirements: Registered Nurse1. Neat,
professional appearance.2. MEDIUM- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force
occasionally, and/or 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10
lbs. of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise
move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of
the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of
time. 3. Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity.Education/Professional: Registered
- RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing currently
licensed to practice in the State of Florida.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing and two (2) years of relevant work
experience - OR -
- Associate of Arts in Nursing and three (3) years of relevant
- CPR CertifiedExperience: Registered NurseMinimum two years of
experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
specifiedOther Duties: Registered NurseThis job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.CAN is an equal opportunity employer
that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Arlington , RN- Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!