OBGYN Core Faculty Opportunity in DFW Metro Area
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Description Specialization:Obstetrics and GynecologyJob
Summary:New OB/GYN residency program seeking
obstetrician-gynecologist to serve as a full-time teaching
- Board certification in obstetrics and gynecology
- Strong clinical skills in ambulatory women's health,
obstetrics, and gynecologic surgery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-oriented and patient-centered approach to patient
- Current or recent academic experience is preferred, but
candidates interested in transitioning from private practice to an
academic position are encouraged to apply.
- Willingness to participate in backup call coverage
- Applicants must have the ability to work collegially within a
diverse environment and demonstrate a commitment to our
institutional values regarding diversity, equity, and
- Join large hospital employed group
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package
About Medical City Arlington:
- HCA Healthcare is the largest sponsor of GME in the United
States. The North Texas region is an area of focus, with 5 new
residency programs started in the last 2 years. 7 additional
programs are planned in the region in the upcoming years.
- Medical City Arlington is a 433 bed level 2 trauma center with
19,000 annual admissions. The women's tower has 23 labor and
delivery rooms, 3 OB operating rooms, and a 35 bed level 3 NICU.
With greater than 4000 annual deliveries, Medical City Arlington
has been recognized as a 5 Star recipient in cesarean delivery,
vaginal delivery, and gynecologic procedures by Health grades.
- The HCA Medical City Arlington residency program in obstetrics
and gynecology started in 2021 with an inaugural class of 5
residents. The residency program is approved for 20 residents. The
residency program is part of the Medical City Healthcare UNT-TCU
GME Consortium, which includes all of the regional HCA Medical City
hospitals. The primary teaching sites for the residency program are
at Medical City Arlington and Medical City Dallas.
- Medical City Women's Care is the GME outpatient clinic that
serves as the home for the faculty practice and all resident
continuity clinics. The office is located on campus with direct
access to the women's tower and has 7 exam rooms, 1 procedure room,
and 1 sonogram room.
- Our team is comprised of 3 academic generalists who educate,
supervise, and provide direct OB and Gyn patient care alongside
residents within our department. 24/7 inpatient coverage is
provided by the OB hospitalists, who all serve as part of the
clinical faculty. The academic generalist's are currently providing
Monday to Friday daytime inpatient coverage and serve as backup
coverage at night and on weekends. The academic faculty are
responsible for the ongoing resident didactic sessions, simulation,
and administrative oversight of the program.
Arlington, Texas is located within the middle of the Dallas-Fort
Worth metroplex, which is the fourth largest metropolitan area in
the United States. Located within one of the fastest growing
counties in the US, Arlington is close to world class museums,
nationally no universities, diverse neighborhoods, and all 4 major
professional sports leagues.
Keywords: HCA, Arlington , OBGYN Core Faculty Opportunity in DFW Metro Area, Healthcare , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!