RN or LVN - Pediatrics Private Duty Nursing - Arlington - Private Duty
Company: At Home Health Care
Posted on: September 17, 2023
RN or LVN - Pediatrics Private Duty Nursing -
Come work for a Home Health company that really does "feel like
family"! Home care is personal for us and we want caring, qualified
applicants to join our growing family.
At Home Healthcare is passionate about helping children and their
families receive necessary care in the comfort of home. Our
pediatric care helps maintain stability in a child's life and
allows them to receive the individualized care they need.
A compassionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed
Vocational Nurse (LVN) that will provide specialized healthcare
services to pediatric patients in the comfort of their own homes.
The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure high-quality
medical care and support for children with different healthcare
needs. experienced in pediatric nursing and demonstrates
exceptional clinical skills, empathy, and a genuine passion for
* Provide direct nursing care to pediatric patients in their homes,
adhering to established healthcare plans and protocols.
* Conduct comprehensive assessments of patients' health conditions,
including vital signs, physical and developmental assessments, and
observation of signs and symptoms.
* Collaborate with physicians, caregivers, and interdisciplinary
teams to develop and implement personalized care plans.
* Administer medications, treatments, and specialized therapies as
prescribed and monitor the patient's response to such
* Monitor and manage medical equipment and assistive devices used
by patients, ensuring proper functioning and safety.
* Assess and provide support to patients' families or caregivers,
educating them on medical conditions, treatment plans, and required
* Ensure accurate and timely documentation of patients' medical
records, including assessments, nursing interventions, and patient
* Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions and modify
care plans accordingly.
* Recognize and respond to emergencies promptly, following
established emergency protocols.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of pediatric nursing practices,
advancements, and regulations, participating in professional
development activities as required.
* Demonstrate empathy, patience, and respect in all interactions
with pediatric patients and their families.
* Responsible for submission and follow-up on appeals for
nursing/attendant cases. Responsible for utilization and desk
* Prepares clinical and progress notes. Completes appropriate
documentation in a timely manner.
* Conducts annual performance evaluations, as directed.
* Demonstrates commitment and professional growth by participating
in Agency-sponsored in-service programs and maintaining or
improving competency. Participates in the Agency's QAPI
* Performs on-call responsibilities and provides on-call services
to patients and their families as assigned.
* Applies concepts of infection control and standard precautions in
coordinating or performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
* Meets mandatory continuing education requirement of the Agency
and licensing board.
* Provides effective communication to patients, their family
members, team members, and other health care professionals.
* Submits required renewable items to the supervisor for inclusion
into the personnel file, e.g., CPR Certification, automobile
insurance, Driver's license, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or
Baccalaureate School of Nursing. Strong understanding of and
experience with pediatric chronic illnesses, developmental
disabilities, and acute care needs.
Licensure: Current State license as a Registered Nurse or a
multi-state license issued by a state member of the National Nurse.
Licensure Compact (NLC) if practicing in a state member of the NLC,
current Driver's License.
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working as an RN,
preferably in pediatric nursing, pediatric home care, or a related
Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards
of practice. Good people skills. Current CPR certification, with
familiarity in pediatric CPR and first aid.
Transportation: Reliable transportation, current Driver's License,
and valid and current auto liability insurance.
Keywords: At Home Health Care, Arlington , RN or LVN - Pediatrics Private Duty Nursing - Arlington - Private Duty, Healthcare , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!