Company: DFW Home Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
We are hiring for a full-time Speech Therapist in the Dallas
area. Salary range based on full-time employment and max
productivity: $90000 - $105000 / annually At DFW Home Health, a
part of LHC Group, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and
trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for
the whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities
we serve it truly is all about helping people. You can find a home
for your career here. As a Speech Therapist, you can expect:
- the ability to build in-person trusted therapist-patient
- continuing education and tuition reimbursement
- independence and autonomy
- career growth possibilities Give your passion to serve others
and your drive for better, more advanced quality healthcare.
The Speech Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the
assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to treating
speech and language disorders, and functional training in
communication, swallowing, and cognitive impairments. Based on this
assessment and evaluation, the Speech Therapist works to help
determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at
improving and enhancing the patient's well-being, and evaluates the
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by
the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying
diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the
physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing
thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other
members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which
they can participate.
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of
- Current CPR certification
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and
access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation Associated
topics: cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech,
speech and language pathologist, speech language, speech language
pathologist, speech therapist
Keywords: DFW Home Health, Arlington , Speech Therapist, Healthcare , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!