Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Rehab Specialist - Arlington
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist /
Schedule: Full time, 3 weekdays (Mon-Fri 8-5) & Sat-Sun 8-5
Location/Facility: Medical City Arlington
Medical City Healthcare is one of the regions largest, most
comprehensive health care providers and includes 14 hospitals, 7
off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50 ambulatory sites, more
than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in Dallas-Fort
This position acts as a liaison between internal and external
referral sources, and rehab operations. The Clinical Rehabilitation
Specialist is responsible for establishing relationships with case
managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The
Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist will ensure appropriate patient
placement through clinical assessments and screening in
collaboration with the Rehab Medical Director. The Clinical
Rehabilitation Specialist is the primary responsible party focused
on the referral and admission process of the rehab program.
- Assist and coordinate in-take and pre-admission screening
process. Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria
on Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner. Pre-screen
updates are completed within 48 hours of admission. Admission
decisions are communicated to referral source within 2 hours.
- Perform on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist
Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab and program
features to patient and family members.
- Communicates to patients expectations and requirements for
participation upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each
patient and family a tour of the rehab unit; coordinating tour if
unable to provide personally.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria,
leading to appropriate identification of qualified rehab
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- Functions as primary contact for external and internal case
management and referring physician. Establishes and maintains
effective working relationships with all referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with
physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and
other professionals. Serves as educational resource to patients,
family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development
and implementation of marketing and business plans for the Rehab
Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral
source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and
information kit and other outreach and marketing tools.
- Proficient in time management. Prioritizes meeting commitments
to referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab
Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program and
raise community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and timely
follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she is
- Develops system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24
hours a day, 7 days a week.Qualifications Qualifications
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty, RN
strongly preferred (i.e. RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational
Therapist, or Speech Therapist).
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible
for state license transfer.
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty.
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience.
- Professional appearance.
- Effective verbal, written and persuasive communication
- Computer and keyboarding skills (25 wpm minimum).
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient
- Organization and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- BCLS certification (AHA)
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence
Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for
inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
- Persistent and persuasive when faced with challenging
- Ability to analyze data related to referral opportunities.
- Skilled strategy planning and goal setting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with referral sources
while being engaging, accountable and responsive.
- Self-directed with problem solving capability.
- Ability to navigate a medical record for determination of
medical necessity for an IRF admission.
Keywords: HCA., Arlington , Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Rehab Specialist - Arlington, Healthcare , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!