Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger At Ross and dds, inclusion is a way of life. We care about
our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their
differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an
inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:Responsible for all aspects of
the Stores' operations. Leads the entire operation of the Store to
ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently
met. Staffs, trains and develops leadership team to deliver the
desired sales and profit results, while maintaining a friendly,
easy to shop environment. Recruits, trains and develops Associates.
Manages the operations of the Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor
to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely
manner, goods are received properly and manages expenses through
execution of best practices and productivity.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS:General Operating Requirements:
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by
minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and
overall Store performance.
- Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate
action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch
edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll
transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.Organizational
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Area
Supervisors and non-exempt Associates.
- Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce
Store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including
incentive programs, recognition opportunities, contests and
training. Ensures all required training courses are prioritize and
completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues
including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive
discipline and termination when needed.
- Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and
- Manages Associate Relations issues, consulting with the
District Manager as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal
- Leads all expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable
expense, as well as adjusting to current business
trends.Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment:
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the
safety of Associates and Customers.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency
operating procedures.Customer Service:
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation
programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient
and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk,
fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.Personal and Store Brand:
- Leads all Store Associates in, and models, a professional
appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces
the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of
contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.Merchandise
Processing and In-Store Marketing
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company
standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per
Company best practice.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to
Company merchandising guidelines.
- Urgently manages merchandise processing to the sales floor
within the expected Company timeframe.Loss Prevention:
- Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention programs
to achieve Store shortage goals.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity
and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information and merchandise.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness
Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes
maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor,
Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention
- Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including
preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & ExecutionQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
- Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and
communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to
accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute
to achieve results.
- Fluency in English.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS/ADA:Ability to use all Store equipment, including
PDTs, registers and PC as required.Ability to spend up to 100% of
working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.Ability
to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach,
and stoop.Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
lbs.Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.Ability to perform basic mathematical
calculations commonly used in retail environments.Certain
assignments may require other qualifications and skills.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:Direct supervision of Assistant Store Manager,
Area Supervisors and all Retail Associates.DISCLAIMERThis job
description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities
of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive
or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents
are subject to change at management's discretion.Ross is an equal
employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for
employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and
experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the
Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong,
talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race,
color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical,
mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military
status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical
condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic
information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Arlington , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!