Human Resource Representative
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: February 13, 2019
The HR Representative provides the full range of HR support to the Bothell facility in the areas of positive employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, employee development, compensation, and benefits administration. The position is also responsible for supporting the site s Environmental, Safety, and Health program.
The HR Representative will report to the Human Resource Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Drives positive employee relations, including partnering with the HR Manager to help support the Building a Better Workplace initiative.
* Coaches leaders on employee development needed to continue to build organizational capability.
* Develops and supports recruitment strategy for non-exempt and some leadership positions across the site.
* Manages the compensation and performance evaluation program for non-exempt employee population.
* Partners with HR Manager to drive safety programs and maintain OSHA records.
* Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Acts as local SOX Coordinator and Project Manage quarterly SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) testing at facility. Work with leadership team to monitor, coordinate, and comply with all SOX testing requirements
* Supports benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
* Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
* Assists in maintaining affirmative action program; filing EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
* Considerable knowledge of HR principles and practices
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management
* Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, OSHA and related state and federal regulations
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions
* Able to work productively and independently
* Strong Project Management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized.
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience with administration of workers compensation programs preferred
* SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is preferred but not required
Experience & Education
-Bachelor's degree combined with 2-3 years of Human Resources experience
-Master s degree with 0-3 years of work experience
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, I ve admired PCC s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.
We are very pleased to be joining forces with Berkshire Hathaway, said Mark Donegan, PCC s chairman and chief executive officer. We see a unique alignment between Warren s management and investment philosophy and how we manage PCC for the long-term. We believe that as part of Berkshire Hathaway, PCC will be exceptionally well-positioned to support our customers needs into the future. This transaction offers compelling and immediate value for our shareholders, and allows PCC s employees to continue to operate in the same manner that has generated many years of exceptional service and performance to our customers.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 30 plants in the North America, Mexico, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, and Synchronous. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Progressive, located in Arlington, TX, was founded and incorporated in 1971 by Guinn Crousen in Arlington, Texas. Heroux-Devtek Inc. purchased Progressive in 2004 who helped to expand the site which has doubled its manufacturing footprint and more than doubled sales and employee base. In August 2012, Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) acquired Progressive, and is now one of the largest footprints within the Aerostructures Division of PCC.
Predominantly, a provider for large, highly complex machined parts, kits and assemblies for OEMs and large Tier One providers for both military and commercial market segments. Progressive Incorporated is now a 271,000 square foot facility with approximately 200 employees. Some of our well-known customers included, but are not limited to, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, IAI, Gulfstream Aerospace, Aurora, Triumph Aerostructures, Spirit Aerosystems, Bell Helicopter, Airbus, and GE Aviation. The Company is fully certified for Revision C registration for AS9100
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Arlington , Human Resource Representative, Human Resources , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!