Cloud Software Engineer (Secret Clearance) - Arlington, TX
Company: Altimeter Solutions
Posted on: March 20, 2023
- This is a hands-on technical software engineering position on
the Networking and Infrastructure (NI) team.
- Software engineer will assist in the design and support of
advanced cloud network solutions.
- Responsibilities include collaboration on design and
development of cyber-secure cloud infrastructures and managing
off-premise computational resources.
- Excellent opportunity to learn advanced concepts from and work
with senior level engineers who are pioneering novel solutions in
the field of cloud computing. Essential Functions:
- Support the development of open architectures and applications,
infrastructure, and cloud platforms to ensure they are best suited
for Cloud deployment and consumption.
- Support the adoption of Cloud best practices and supporting
technologies to enable such capabilities as DevSecOps, Big
Data/Analytics, AI, Micro-Services.
- Support the architecture, design, development, troubleshoot,
and implementation of cloud solutions
- Work closely with the Cyber Security team to ensure the
applications and solutions designed and deployed are secure and
- Demonstrate creative and valuable solutions for addressing
problems or improving services for our customers
- Report status on tasks and assignments, including appropriate
- Must be able to perform effectively as part of a project
- Must have ACTIVE Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in technical field such as Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Software Engineering
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a specific technology
practice (Infrastructure, Network, Storage, Servers, Security,
Windows, Linux, etc.) for both on premise and cloud resources
- 2+ years' experience in networking, operating system (Windows,
Linux, or similar) administration and operation, virtualization
(VMware, HyperV, VirtualBox, or similar), high order software
languages such as C, C++, Java, Python; and container management
technologies like OpenShift, AKS, EKS, Rancher, Docker
- Experience using a source code repository such as Git,
BitBucket, Mercurial, or Subversion
- Experience using a defect management system such as Jira,
Bugzilla or Fogbugz
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S.
citizens are eligible for this role. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to perform technical briefings to various groups and
- Well refined troubleshooting skills, ability to determine the
root cause of a problem and identify and resolve systemic
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Preferred experience in using and deploying RDMS, NoSQL, or
Graph databases; service-based architectures and Web APIs; HTML,
HTML5, CSS, XML, XSLT, and JSON; administration of CI/CD pipeline
tools; writing Linux bash scripts; and using one or more of the
following: Terraform, Cloud Formation, Microsoft Bicep
- Experience managing/implementing server/clients with
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Platforms and Federation Services
(NetIQ, ADFS, Azure MFA, Keycloak, Red Hat SSO, Duo, SAML,
- Experience scaling applications based on user demand.
- IAT Level 2 Certification (e.g., Security +).
- Experience working and deploying on DOD networks including
NIPR, SIPR, and JWICS and experience designing, developing for, and
deploying custom air-gapped systems
- Administration experience on Microsoft Enterprise CA - Cert
Requests/Monitoring and Microsoft Active Directory Federation
- Familiarity with Information Assurance programs.
- Any of the following: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA),
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), (ISC) - Certified
Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- CompTIA Cloud+
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect -
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Certifications such as
Practitioner, Scrum Master
Please see our website for more job openings:
Keywords: Altimeter Solutions, Arlington , Cloud Software Engineer (Secret Clearance) - Arlington, TX, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...