Technical Account Specialist
Posted on: October 23, 2019
The Technical Account Specialist is a technical resource who
advocates for designated customers and helps to ensure customers'
needs are known and managed across all offerings, including
services, training, support, and product development. The Technical
Account Specialist prioritizes customers' technical issues and
communicates those priorities to support and development. This role
is responsible for ensuring effective production operation for all
FireMon products the customers have deployed. This person will
provide customers with status updates of open tickets; the upcoming
release schedule; issues trending; upgrade recommendations; and
guidance through early access/beta programs.
* Support FireMon s relationship with assigned end users, including
increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction.
* Support project leadership for customers major FireMon
* Collaborate with FireMon s technical teams, including Support
Services and Engineering, on customers technical issues and
* Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the
FireMon product line.
* Provide the customer hands-on support with initial
troubleshooting, upgrades, database query management, routine
system health checks, watchdog monitoring, adding/removing user
access, devices and zones/subnets for FireMon Product Suite.
* Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client
* Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Global
Services leadership based on customer requirements.
* Document best practices in developing and deploying FireMon
solutions in the customers environments.
* Function as a front-line technical resource for "best practice"
and other customer questions, identifying alternate technical
solutions to customers business problems.
* Adheres to established escalation policies and procedures
* Partner with Account Owners to ensure comprehensive view of
customer health throughout customer cycle.
* Maintain multiple technical certifications, and gain at least one
new certification annually.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study,
or equivalent technical training
* Two or more years of experience in technical project management,
technical account management or similar area. least 1 active
technical certification CCNA level or similar with the ability to
obtain at least 1 new technical certification each year
* Prior experience and strong technical skills in client-server
applications, Unix/Linux system administration, and/or software
development. Experience to include debugging and troubleshooting,
upgrading software, and applying security patches.
* Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with
emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure
design and development
* Demonstrated ability in customer-facing positions, such as a
Product Support or software implementation role
* Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project
* Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing
* Ability to engage and communicate effectively across multiple
levels of a customers IT network and security teams is highly
desirable, from analyst to mid-level management
* Attain technical certification(s) in the area of network
security, IP networking, or database management
FireMon has been at the forefront of the security management
category, delivering first-ever functionality such as firewall
behavior testing, workflow integration, traffic flow analysis and
rule recertification. Our
solutions have helped more than 1,700 organizations around the
world gain visibility into and control over their complex network
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking
company like FireMon, is the huge impact employees have on the
overall product and business. Each person s work directly affects
the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business.
Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across
departments to learn new aspects of the company. What we do isn t
easy. Our customers have unique and complex security problems that
are difficult to solve. This doesn t intimidate us, it inspires us.
It pushes us to be more creative and find solutions that delight
our customers and ensure their success. If this sounds like a
journey you'd be interested in joining, we invite you to apply
Keywords: FireMon, Arlington , Technical Account Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!