Prevention/Prep Specialist- Arlington, TX
Company: CAN Community Health
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for
implementation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired
Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) education and prevention programs
including education to clinic patients, staff, volunteers and the
community. It is also responsible for assessing clients'
suitability for PrEP, assisting HIV high-risk clients in
initiating, adhering to and managing a PrEP regimen. Primary Tasks:
HIV Prevention & PrEP Program Specialist Prevention Duties:
- Implementation of HIV prevention programs.
- Provides confidential and anonymous testing to the
- Collaborates with clinic team members to coordinate patient
- Processes documentation required by state and local funding
sources as required.
- Provides HIV education to members of the community as part of
HIV prevention/education outreach.
- Recruits, trains and coordinates volunteers to assist with
anonymous testing and HIV education.
- Presents HIV education to staff and volunteers as part of the
- Assists in developing goals and objectives relative to
prevention and education.
- Develops and fosters networking relationships with community
and support resources.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in
accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of practice.
- Retain supply of contraceptives, brochures and other materials
necessary for prevention department activities.HIV Prevention &
PrEP Program Specialist PrEP Navigation Duties:
- Provide rapid HIV test to clients.
- Assess and address clients' knowledge, attitudes and beliefs
regarding PrEP along with intentions to initiate and comply with a
- Assessment of clients' level of risk to determine
appropriateness fro PrEP.
- Engage high risk individuals in discussions regarding HIV risk
reduction and PrEP to educate them in what is required of the
patient to ensure the most effective use of PrEP.
- Schedule follow-up visits for monitoring possible side effects
of PrEP usage.
- Determine at what point PrEP may no longer be appropriate
because of relationship changes.
- Assess clients' health insurance status.
- Assist clients with insurance prior authorizations, enrollments
(if necessary) and pharmaceutical company assistance as
needed.Secondary Tasks: HIV Prevention & PrEP Program
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control
- Continues professional training and education to advance
knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
- Effectively communicates and reports progress, new ideas,
concerns and outcomes to supervisor.
- Participates in community outreach, education events on a
- Participates in continuous quality improvement and support
training of services rendered to CAN clients.
- Demonstrates courtesy and respect in all interpersonal
relationships with CAN clients, staff and visitors.
- Maintains a professional manner in all aspects of job
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which will include
daytime, evening and weekend shifts as needed.
- Promotes and practices CAN's values and mission and adheres to
all policies and procedures.Responsible To: Education and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: HIV Prevention & PrEP Program
- Bilingual preferred (fluent in English & Spanish).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skill with patients,
visitors and staff members.
- Strong personal initiative and self-motivation skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
- A positive attitude and pleasant personality.
- Ability to motivate and engage others.
- Ability to manage priorities in a complex and fast-paced
- Ability to travel to other clinics and events as needed.
- Analytical skills.
- Able to collaborate with others, professional demeanor,
attention to detail and willingness to learn.
- Computer literate with database experience.
- Social Networking Strategies trained and qualified.
- Valid driver's license.Education/Professional: HIV Prevention &
PrEP Program Specialist
- College degree in related field of Social Services, Human
Services, Healthcare or equivalent.
- HIV prevention/intervention experience or community health
- HIV 104, 105, and 501Physical Demands: HIV Prevention & PrEP
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10
lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly in lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time but may
involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity.Work Environment: HIV Prevention &
PrEP Program SpecialistThis job operates not only in a professional
office environment but also at times on a mobile medical unit and
at community/outreach events. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines. Position Type/Expected Hours of
Work: HIV Prevention & PrEP Program SpecialistThis position
regularly requires a flexible work schedule and concessional
weekend work. Travel: HIV Prevention & PrEP Program SpecialistIs
primary local during the business day, although some out of area
and overnight travel may be expected.Other Duties: HIV Prevention &
PrEP Program SpecialistPlease note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.CAN is an equal opportunity employer
that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: CAN Community Health, Arlington , Prevention/Prep Specialist- Arlington, TX, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!