Principal Systems Engineer - RF Weapons
Posted on: April 6, 2021
At Elbit Systems of America (ESA), we spend our days working on
exciting--and meaningful innovative solutions that protect and save
lives. --From providing solutions for our warfighters and
commercial pilots, to providing lifesaving medical instrumentation
and homeland security technologies, the employees of Elbit Systems
of America understand the value of their work and why we do what we
do each and every day.-- We are looking for extraordinary people to
join us in making a difference in the lives of others. We are
currently recruiting for a highly talented Principal Systems
Engineer- RF Weapons - but we are looking for more than an
impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who
respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as
individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who
has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of
camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we're pretty
confident you'll love it here. Responsibilities: - Attend customer
meetings for the purpose of understanding their requirements
related to RF systems and seeker characteristics.
- Review, develop and document system level operational concepts
and mission statements.
- Research and evaluate highly complex system designs and/or
architectures to recommend design modifications
- Understand platform integration requirements at the platform
- Identify and make recommendations to eliminate design flaws.
- Verification and validation of highly complex system designs to
ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer
- Assist upper level management in identifying potential new
products or business opportunities and defining associated program
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text
development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and
- Prepare and/or deliver Management and Technical level
- Provide extensive outside contact with customers, ESA affiliates,
government officials and other contractors.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate designs, results,
reports, status and presentations.
- Work independently and with internal/external organizations.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree in systems engineering,
software engineering, electrical engineering or a related technical
field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience working on the design,
integration, and verification of Radio Frequency (RF) seeker
- Excellent systems engineering skills with broad experience in RF
Systems Engineering, both active and passive Radar technologies,
Terminal phase munition seekers, Antenna design, Electronic Counter
Measures, RF target identification, RF Direction Finding (DF),
Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) technologies, and embedded system
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT,
- Working experience and understanding of jamming theories and
- Ability to deal with complex problems in an international
environment of cultural diversity.
- Experienced in all the lifecycle processes used in the
development of military systems.
- Ability to work independently and work as part of an Integrated
Product Team (IPT).
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks successfully; within
scope, on time, within budget while delivering a quality product to
- Ability to develop high level plans and detailed procedures.
- Skilled in requirements development, test plan development, and
test case development.
- Skilled in root cause analysis.
- RF propagation knowledge required.
- Must be able to obtain a favorably adjudicated DOD Clearance at
the Secret level. PandoLogic.Category: Technology, Keywords:
Systems Engineering Technician
Keywords: Elbit, Arlington , Principal Systems Engineer - RF Weapons, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!