RN - Med/Surg (Oncology)
Company: Blue Heart Medical Staffing
Posted on: May 3, 2021
RN - Med/Surg (Oncology) - Days & Nights Available - (3) 12s - ASAP
Provides and coordinates defined specialty care and associated
services to a defined population. Operates in a range of clinical,
academic, research, and/or community outreach settings. Assesses
patient and associated needs, develops and implements intervention
plans, and evaluates response. Collaborates with other health care
providers and/or community services, as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently obtains detailed health histories and performs
physical assessments on a selected patient population; treats
acute/chronic medical problems, as per physician approved
- Performs or assists in procedural care requiring complex
nursing skills and clinical judgement.
- Plans, facilitates, and provides community outreach and/or
educational activities within area of specialty to patients,
families, health care staff, faculty and students; may travel
state-wide to various outreach locations to provide services.
- Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates provider care and
services, to include home and school visits, and physician hospital
visits for the specified population; supervises and/or coordinates
patient care by support staff within clinical environments.
- Notifies attending physician on call, the house physician, or
the primary physician, as appropriate, regarding unusual or
unexpected events/problems requiring direct physician
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control
- Trains and educates nursing staff and ancillary student
populations, as appropriate, in clinical procedures; coordinates
in-service training, continuing education, orientation, and other
related training functions.
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings, and workshops.
- May perform clinical research as appropriate to specific
- Develops and/or assists with the development and implementation
of policies and procedures consistent with those of the
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 1+ years of experience directly related to the duties and
- RN State-bound or Compact License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications,
dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and
- Advanced nursing skills in area of specialty.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include
organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight
objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
Keywords: Blue Heart Medical Staffing, Arlington , RN - Med/Surg (Oncology), Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!