Posted on: May 3, 2021
PetSuites has been the leader of the pack in pet resorts offering
exceptional services for both dogs and cats, ranging from boarding
and daycare to grooming and training. Our trusted team of
professionals delivers memorable experiences with personalized
service to meet the unique needs of each pet and Pet Parent in fun,
convenient, and modern spaces.Overview:
The Professional Dog Trainer is a position within the Resort and
reports directly to the General Manager. We believe in the mission
of Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers and we demonstrate this through
being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful
candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces
this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction
well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to
detail.This is a service-related industry and you should not only
be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping
people. Most importantly, the candidate should have experience with
dogs, dog behavior, and knowledge of reward-based training.
A Day In The Life:
This role is so much fun! Daily, youll have the opportunity to
train new dogs -- from puppy age to dogs who need some more
reminders. Youll ask their parents about goals and what they want
to solve. Youll spend time playing detective -- observing behaviors
of your new friend and solving the mysteries of how to train them
best. Eventually, youll use the resources weve already built to
craft a plan for how to train that dog and solve their parents
concerns. Dont forget -- sometimes youll have to train the parents
too. Youll not only communicate with the dog(s), but also have a
lot of interaction with mom and dad. Youll document what you are
seeing and offer tips and tricks to solve. And lets not forget --
youre probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home
with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
- Training with assigned dogs daily
- Prepare training plans to assist clients with behavior
modification of pets
- Meet with clients on arrival and departure of pet to discuss
training expectations and progress
- Provide enrichment to training dogs
- Document and be able to explain in detail the dogs behavior and
training status for each training session. This is done in-person,
through email and video.
- Adhere to LIMA (least intrusive, minimally aversive) training
standards in all interactions and training exercises. Exclusive use
of positive reinforcement training methods through classical and
- Run preset class curriculum or develop class curriculum, where
- Maintain highest standards of education in dog training
- Conduct group classes
- Conduct private lessons
- Assist with additional training sessions as needed, including
virtual training when asked
- Consult with other departments
- Grow business by making recommendations to current Pet
- Create content (photos, videos) for social media posting.
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats.
Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive,
aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the
customers needs while following company procedures. Manages
difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance.
Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both
written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these lifetime
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting,
standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is
concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in
distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily
fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications For This Position:
- Knowledge of Operant and Classical Conditioning as it pertains
to training dogs preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in training animals or equivalent
education is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of dogs, dog behavior, and
individual breed characteristics
- CCPDT Certification or the ability to obtain certification
within one year of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or
any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local
Keywords: PetSuites, Arlington , Dog Trainer, Other , ARLINGTON, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!