Principal Legal Content Specialist- Privacy and Data Security/IP
Company: Bureau of National Affairs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Principal Legal Content Specialist is responsible for
recommending, designing, and running projects to provide legal
analysis for assigned content collections, including identifying
trends, emerging issues and complex problems to inform and augment
reference or analytical content on Bloomberg Law. An individual in
this position must be able to synthesize extremely complex areas of
law and develop tools and content in those areas to serve
practicing attorneys. The individual in this position also serves
as a subject matter mentor to more junior colleagues.
- Works with Practice Leads or Team Leads to form and lead highly
efficient project-based teams to develop content and tools to
support the needs of Bloomberg Law clients.
- Analyzes complex legal developments and creates or updates
materials; develops or aids in the development of tools, reference
materials, analytical articles or other content.
- Edits content submitted by outside authors and serves as a
developmental editor for the expansion and utility of that content
to serve Bloomberg Law users.
- Imbues content with high level and detailed analysis, including
thought leadership materials.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to management with respect to
the development of new content, tools or coverage.
- Serves as a subject matter mentor to more junior level
- Conducts internal trainings on areas of expertise.
- Communicates how Bloomberg Law content serves the needs of
customers with regard to assigned subject area to customer-facing
teams including sales force and marketing department
- Participates as a speaker or moderator at industry events or on
webinars or podcasts on areas of expertise.
- Demonstrates advanced and specialized knowledge of current
federal, state, or international law on assigned subject
- Demonstrates advanced abilities in legal research, analysis,
and writing in federal and state regulatory, legislative, and
judicial processes in connection with one or more substantive areas
- Demonstrates ability to quickly synthesize extremely complex
areas of law and develop tools and content in those areas.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with colleagues,
practitioner authors, sources, and others.
- Demonstrates excellent writing, editing, and researching
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree required; LLM in substantive
specialty, IAPP CIPP certification, or other technology focused
- Minimum of 5 years practicing law in the areas of privacy and
data security, intellectual property, and/or technology, or some
combination of legal writing and/or practice.
Bloomberg Industry Group IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and
fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Bloomberg Industry Group has adopted an Affirmative Action Program
to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for
hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical issues, genetic information,
disabled veteran, veteran, a veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any
other classification protected by law.
Keywords: Bureau of National Affairs, Arlington , Principal Legal Content Specialist- Privacy and Data Security/IP, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!