Senior Pricing Analyst General Administrative
Company: Builders Firstsource, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PURPOSE The Sr Pricing Analyst will support Sales, Operations,
and Field Pricing Leaders in developing, optimizing and
implementing Area, Market, and Location specific pricing
strategies. The Sr Pricing Analyst will be aligned with a Division
supporting the underlying Regions, Areas, Markets, and Locations.
As a member of the Corporate Pricing Team, the Sr Pricing Analyst
will work with other Sr Pricing Analysts and Field Pricing Leaders
to understand, develop, and implement best practices associated
with pricing tools and processes. For Areas/Markets that have
embedded Pricing personnel, Sr Pricing Analyst will support Field
Pricing Leaders as needed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Partner with Division, Region, Area, Location leadership to
develop, optimize and implement Pricing Strategies.
- Assist Sales and Operations in developing Customer specific
pricing agreements, understanding desired margins and balancing
with sales growth and market share expansion.
- Assist Sales and Operations in ensuring Pricing strategies
align with sales growth strategies and support Annual Operating
Plan for Gross Profit.
- Collaborate with other Sr Pricing Analysts, including Field
Pricing Leaders, to understand and develop best practices related
to Pricing tools and processes
- Review Area, Market, Location Pricing tools and processes, and
drive implementation of best practices.
- Leverage standardized reporting to identify opportunities and
provide insight for optimizing margins.
- Conduct recurring margins reviews with Sales Operations teams
utilizing key profitability metrics.
- Leverage Analytics Team for ad hoc data sets to create
customized analytical packages highlighting successes and
opportunities for margin expansion.
- Provide Operations with recommendations on customer
stratification by analyzing Customer Profitability.
- As needed, maintain pricing models, ensuring accurate pricing
is available in ERP.
- Support Operations and Supply Chain in expanding availability
of Replacement Costs.
- Utilize various Cost Sources to establish and maintain Base
Cost/Standard Cost for Pricing calculations.
- Create, document, and implement Retail Pricing strategies
leveraging 3rd party pricing recommendations.
- Solicit feedback from Sales and Operations to provide
recommendations for system enhancements in both Pricing Application
- Assist with developing and delivering training materials to
promote continual learning.
- Serve as subject matter expert in pricing in the company's
various lines of business.
- As needed, partner with Finance Managers to provide guidance on
margin fluctuations and deviations from annual budget.
- Partner with other functional departments to driving continual
improvement in data quality. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job
has no supervisory responsibilities. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance/Accounting, IT,
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience, or equivalent
combination of education and experience required. COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, to include use of
intermediate formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in depth, detailed analysis of Area, Market
or Location pricing data.
- Comfortable navigating large datasets from disparate
- Ability to understand basic database structure in order to
effectively communicate data requests.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication
skills, including ability to persuade.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize work flow.
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional working
- Desire to improve existing processes.
- Desire to become subject matter expert to drive profitability
- Ability to effectively lead software training sessions.
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing, or retail industry
- Experience with multi-site Pricing preferred. WORK ENVIRONMENT
/ PHYSICAL ACTIVITY The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is in an office setting and generally sedentary with
physical effort associated with using a computer, but may involve
walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Travel will be required as needed to support market specific
- Working after hours may be required to maintain accurate
pricing in ERP.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a
protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)
765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send
resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to
request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT -
English/Spanish Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Keywords: Builders Firstsource, Inc., Arlington , Senior Pricing Analyst General Administrative, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!