Assistant Director of Nursing Full Time Days
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Assistant Director of
Nursing AdventHealth Care Center
This position is located
Huguley Nursing & Rehab
301 Huguley Blvd, Burleson, TX
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing
Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love
the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe
and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be
“Greater as a Whole”
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provide leadership in formulating the philosophy of the
in-service education programs in accordance with the philosophy and
objectives of Nursing Service.
- In coordination with the Director of Nursing, determines needs
of employees and implements a program of instruction designed to
meet those needs. Confers with supervisor/nursing staff to
determine the need for training to design programs for increase job
proficiency and morale.
- Develops and directs orientation programs for all nursing
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts regular and special in-service
training sessions for staff to familiarize them with new
procedures, policies, and changes in resident care techniques.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize records pertinent to in-service
- Keeps current on professional and industry standards,
regulations and trends by attending professional seminars,
institutes and reading professional journals, and confers with the
DON for any necessary revisions in current educational program
- Is aware of resident current care needs and participates in
purposeful rounding daily to review resident conditions and staff
approaches to resident care.
- May be designated as the infection control preventionist.
- Supervises the manner in which physicians’ orders are
- Participates in the hiring process of facility staff by
performing drug screening, etc.
- Maintains employee health records.
- Attends staff education, training, and other meetings.
- Participates in monitoring staffing and schedules and assist in
ensuring the nursing department is adequately staffed.
- Evaluates nursing procedures and makes recommendations for
equipment replacement or procurement to the DON.
- Works as RN coverage on the unit when needed.
- Will utilize and maintain the mandated Education Manual as
- Assume the duties of the DON in her/his absence.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as may be
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Empathy and compassion
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Astute observation skills
- Ability to follow set rules and protocols
- Time management and organizational skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Desire to work with others
- Understand and carry out exactly, detailed oral and written
- Ability to keep records and make reports
- Ability to secure cooperation with residents
- Possess a working knowledge of nursing techniques and their
relation to medical and surgical practices
- Ability to assign, observe, and evaluate those under her/his
- Exhibit leadership, creativity, integrity, initiative and
- Thorough knowledge of modern principles and practices of
nursing home administration.
What You Will Need:
- Prior teaching experience
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Clinical supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified
- Proficient in the use of a computer
- Typing of 40 wpm
Assists in planning, organizing, developing and directing the
overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with
current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and
regulations that govern the center, and as may be directed by the
Administrator and the Medical Director. Assists in planning,
organizing, and directing educational programs relating to training
orientation and in-service education.
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Arlington , Assistant Director of Nursing Full Time Days, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!