Company: D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted on: June 3, 2021
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was
founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York
Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high
quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first
time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing
and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title
subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an
Multifamily-Attorney. The right candidate will assist National
Counsel with coordinating legal matters for multifamily operations
of DHI Communities with emphasis on land acquisition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide legal advice related to land acquisition, entitlements,
and site work, including direction for drafting contracts and
related documents, working with region office personnel, overseeing
acquisition of land and disposition of completed communities
- Provide guidance regarding subcontractor contract documents and
disputes when applicable
- Review marketing contract and programs; draft documentation as
- Consult with and coordinate outside legal counsel as
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to
serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the
May have supervisory responsibilities in the Legal Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Education and/or Experience
- Jurist Doctoral degree (J.D.) or equivalent
- More than 5 years of related experience and/or training
- Licensed attorney
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are
growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team
players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at
our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Keywords: D.R. Horton, Inc., Arlington , Multifamily-Attorney, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!