Cultural Resources Crew Lead
Company: Swca Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in
environmental consulting services for your clients? Our Arlington
office offers a unique work environment, involving close
collaboration with the other natural and cultural resources
management teams in Austin and San Antonio, providing services
throughout all of Central / West Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. The
position is based out of our Arlington (DFW) office, and the
applicant must be willing to relocate, if not already there.
As a Cultural Resources Crew Lead, you will be an integral
member of our collaborative team, contributing to successful
projects in our local offices and with other SWCA offices as part
of OneSWCA. Your role will be to lead archaeology field crews in
support of a variety of renewable energy, energy transmission,
transportation, oil and gas, and land development projects. The
successful candidate(s) should be able to work outside in
challenging conditions and travel extensively throughout the
Central / West Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas regions. The
successful candidate will also be involved with technical report
What you will accomplish
- Communicating effectively with Field Directors, Project
Managers, and GIS staff through regular, scheduled field status
reports (both verbally and written).
- Supervising and leading a field crew while conducting
archaeological survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Participating in technical research and writing and data QA/QC
for reporting efforts.
- Assisting with mapping responsibilities in the field, including
collection of GPS data using Survey 123 or Arc Collector
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or
a closely related field.
- Completed accredited field school experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with a wide range of
field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing,
excavation, and monitoring.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Archaeological field experience in the Central / West Texas
- Previous field supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Survey 123 or Arc Collector software.
- Ability to travel an estimated 75% of the time.
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
- Willing to travel overnight for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license and ability to pass a motor
vehicle record screening.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm,
providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices
across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental
compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of
our website or need assistance completing the online application
process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability
accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and
veterans are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Swca Inc, Arlington , Cultural Resources Crew Lead, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!