RN Day Surgery FT 9k Sign-on Bonus
Company: USMD Health System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Purpose:The Registered Nurse is a member of the care
delivery team. The Registered Nurse is responsible to set the
standards for the level and quality of care. The Registered Nurse
has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision
of nursing care. The Registered Nurse manages and provides patient
care activities for a group of patients and their families through
the application of independent judgment, communication and
collaboration with all team members. The role of the Registered
Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and
supervision. The Registered Nurse establishes and maintains
collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care
providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient
outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Registered Nurse
demonstrates a commitment to the community and to the nursing
Education & Training: Graduate of an accredited School of
Required Licenses/Certifications:Current RN Licensure, either
Texas or Compact is required.
BLS and ACLS certification is required and must be completed
upon hire. PALS (PACU and ER only) certification is required and
must be completed upon hire. ENPC and TNCC are preferred for
Work Experience: 2 to 4 years of experience in nursing
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of
infection, contamination, harm, or injury.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as
listed on the competency validation form.
- Confirms patient identity via use of two patient identifiers
and checks patient identification bracelet before procedures.
- Provides appropriate updates, instructions and patient
education information to patient and family.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans for blood borne and
- Communicates with peer and management any safety hazards
identified in the workplace.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural differences.
- Participates in the performance improvement process within the
Hospital and department.
- Delivers nursing care to assigned group of patients including
education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment
planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the
- Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment
malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
- Establishes a compassionate environment providing emotional,
psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions
- Wears proper identification while on duty
- Perform other duties as assigned
Keywords: USMD Health System, Arlington , RN Day Surgery FT 9k Sign-on Bonus, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!