Distribution Center Supervisor - Weekend shift
Company: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?
Posted on: October 8, 2021
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage and direct weekend shift personnel in a
manner which will achieve established Company goals and objectives.
Our weekend shift runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday from
MAJOR AREAS OF
- Plans work schedules and assigns duties to maintain effective
work flow throughout the department.
- Exercises effective management and control over assigned areas.
Ensures assigned areas are staffed sufficiently to meet daily work
- Considers daily needs of other departments in the warehouse and
disperses work group to assist in other areas as needed.
- Reviews processes and methods then recommends cost saving
measures. Participates in budget preparation as required.
- Communicates productivity issues to the Operations Manager in a
timely and concise manner. Develops and presents solutions to
- Ensures associates are provided with a positive work
environment and all tools necessary to support their success.
- Monitors work performed to ensure quality, accuracy and
customer service goals are met on a continuous basis. Ensures
adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apprises associates of performance issues. Consults with
Operations Manager and Human Resources to determine effective
methods to correct performance issues.
- Plays an integral role in the talent selection process through
reviewing candidates and making talent selections which support the
business needs and objectives.
- Maintains daily updates to Payroll and Labor Management
- Prepares and maintains all required productivity and staffing
- Ensures all associates are adequately trained in adherence with
the Distribution Center training procedures and policies; maintains
the required training documentation in a timely and accurate
- Promotes safe working practices by example and direction.
Ensures associates comply with all Safety Policies and
- Investigates and prepares Accident Reports. Participates in
development of Corrective Action process to prevent future
- Adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures and promotes
associate programs to improve morale.
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects
or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies
responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance
appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
- Minimum of a High School diploma; B.A in Business
Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
- At least two years supervisory experience in a high volume
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound judgment
calls, within the scope of responsibility and established
- Basic understanding of inventory management principles such as
cycle counting, crossdocking, slotting, directed putaway, Radio
Frequency (RF) replenishment, voice picking systems, and returns
- Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of
responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, to direct reports, outside callers, visitors, vendors and
to all levels within the Company.
- A minimum of one year experience working with Warehouse
Management Systems (Manhattan Associates’ warehouse management
preferred), Engineered Standards and automated payroll
- Proficient in Personal Computer (PC) applications and
- Ability to complete all assigned training.
- Ability to operate all required equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner
that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute and promote the company’s core values and
team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core
The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions..
- Ability to speak and hear clearly.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, and stand.
- Frequently required to walk, climb stairs and work at all
levels within the facility.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
10 to 35 non-exempt associates.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Keywords: Northern Tool & Equipment - Glassdoor 3.8 ?, Arlington , Distribution Center Supervisor - Weekend shift, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!