Transportation Planning Engineer I
Company: HNTB Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2022
What We're Looking For
The time is right to join HNTB! Our Arlington, VA office is seeking
a high-energy, team player to join us as a Transportation Planning
Engineer I. This opportunity is your chance to work on complex
transportation projects to conduct traffic operational analysis for
urban arterials and intersections, freeways and interchanges,
corridor studies, and sub-area transportation planning. You will
work on challenging and exciting major planning and design
projects. The majority of the work is in support of the traffic
studies, transportation planning, traffic management, traffic
operations, and ITS projects in Northern Virginia and D.C. areas
with an emphasis on traffic/multi-modal analysis using
microsimulation software (such as Synchro, VISSIM, AIMSUN, or
TransModeler). Knowledge of travel demand modeling is a plus. As a
member of the team, you will contribute to the successful project
delivery for a diverse range of projects for HNTB's clients.
Primary focus will include:
* Collect, organize, analyze and summarize traffic data.
* Contributes to the preparation or modification of reports, and
plans for projects.
* Assists in developing traffic models appropriate to specific
project needs, including HCS, VISSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, and
* Conduct traffic analysis including traffic projections, analyzing
diversions, analyzing improvement concepts, and summarizing
benefits and costs.
* Effectively interprets and communicates results in presentations
* Work with other disciplines to refine analyses.
* Communicate results in presentations and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
* Master's degree in Engineering
* 1 year work experience
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word,
* Experience with VISSIM, HCS and/or Synchro/SimTraffic, Cube
* Experience with HCM, MUTCD, HSM
What You'll Need
* Completes assigned work within the schedule and number of hours
* Supports the preparation and modification of project reports,
plans, designs, and calculations.
* Assists in the preparation of project quantity and cost
* Assists engineering teams with organization and administrative
support of design files.
* Supports engineering teams with various tasks and duties
including but not limited to research, data collection, field
investigations, development, and design of projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Arlington, VA (Alexandria)
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or
agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that
submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the
understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property
of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its
discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting
staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment
agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants
to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement
Keywords: HNTB Corporation, Arlington , Transportation Planning Engineer I, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!