Assistant Project Archaeologist
Company: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Assistant Project Archaeologist
# of Openings
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Assistant Project
Archaeologist for our Arlington, TX office. Under the supervision
of the Cultural Resources Team Lead, you will perform field,
office, and research tasks while working with and supervising crew
members. This position will offer a variety of office and
field-based tasks. Your role will be to assist with the planning
and execution of field studies related to renewable energy, state &
local, transportation and land development.
What you will accomplish
- Following a standardized procedure,
conducts archaeological desktop studies, including review of
background data, project information, archaeological sensitivity,
and land ownership.
- Conducts data QA/QC, organization, and tracking; collects field
data using tablets and geodes.
- Supervises fieldwork, including archaeological survey, testing,
data recovery, and/or construction monitoring and ensures quality
and completeness of data collected.
- Prepares professional report and site forms, conducts research
and literature reviews.
- Takes initiative, resolves problems, and creates improved
procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective
and efficient manner.
- Maintains SWCA's high standard of scientific ethics and quality
assurance, and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in
- Works independently, and work well with others as part of a
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor's Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or a closely
- Experience working as a field archaeologist, as typically
acquired through three (3) years of professional employment.
- Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent
- Experience with the application of standard archaeological
survey and excavation techniques.
- Proficient with industry standard word processing and
- Experience in preparing or contributing technical reports.
- Experience leading crews of field technicians on a variety of
project types and sizes, regions and agencies. Preferred:
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Experience providing QA/QC review of field documents, site
forms and reports.
- Site delineation experience.Additional Information:
- Valid Driver's License in good standing.
- Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours
(sometimes in inclement weather and rugged terrain) and able to
carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. SWCA Environmental
Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full
spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United
States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms
and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental
Firms. If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
online application process due to a disability, please email
email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact
information is for disability accommodation requests only. All
other inquiries will not receive a response. SWCA is committed to
salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In
alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in
all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and
transparency. An employee in this Arlington, TX-based position can
expect a hourly rate of $26.00-$33.00/hour. Actual pay within this
range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic
location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors
permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for
performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider
SWCA's Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits
package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding
corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more. EOE
- women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are
encouraged to apply. #LI-HS1 #ind-swca
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: SWCA Environmental Consultants, Arlington , Assistant Project Archaeologist, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!