Company: Republic Services, Inc
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Front-Load Driver - CDL (B) in Arlington, TX POSITION SUMMARY: A
Driver- CDL (B) is responsible for safely operating a collection
truck, and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal
services for customers. In addition, a Driver ? CDL (B) is
responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with
the Company?s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle,
ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered
to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle
condition reports (?VCRs?) on a daily basis to ensure that any
vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner. ? PRINCIPAL
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the
vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure,
fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper
working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her
designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow
map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or
as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with
Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse,
operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others
on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a
timely and professional manner.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in
accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to
all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it
is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
waste from the packer blade and truck body (where appropriate) on
each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other
reports, as required. Maintain adherence to required productivity
standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced
in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the Company?s ReSOP program.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and
follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company?s safety standards; does not take
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
goals. ? PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two years of prior experience driving heavy commercial trucks.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver?s license with air brakes
endorsement. Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. The statements
used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level
of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and
are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so
classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
Company. Posted Date: 6/4/2019 3:45:02 PM Job Type: Non-exempt Req
#: R_57246BR_EVRGRN Job Category: Drivers
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc, Arlington , Front-Load Driver, Other , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!