Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Company: US1142 Buckhead Meat of Dallas, Inc.Zip Code:75237Minimum
Years of Experience:3 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel
Percentage: 0OVERVIEW:We offer our associates the opportunity to
grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of
a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that
exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented,
hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and
let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.JOB
SUMMARYMonitor Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA)
support/evaluation programs and inspection/audit procedures to
ensure compliance of products and processes to corporate and
regulatory requirements at a Sysco Specialty Meat and/or Seafood
- Monitoring of FSQA programs including HACCP Program, sanitation
standard operating procedures, pest control, good manufacturing
practices, approved supplier program, foreign material control,
plant sanitation, chemical control, product quality assurance, FSQA
Customer complaints, food defense and security
- Assist in Employee Training of FSQA Programs, Policies, and
- Assist in Implementation of Independent FSQA Audit Program -
- Assist when necessary for product evaluations, plant visits,
and supplier/customer communication to assist other staff members.
Assist as needed in any manner capable of during emergencies the
plant President or GM (general manager) determines are paramount to
- Frequently interacts with the following: SSMC/SSSC Personnel,
Operations, Sales, Transportation and Maintenance as well as Sysco
Operating Companies, and supplier/customer personnel at the line
- Formal job training in TQM principles, SPC, HACCP concepts,
CFIA/FDA regulations would be beneficial.
- Formal quality and sensory analysis training would be
- One to 3 years of meat and/or seafood industry (as appropriate)
experience at a federal CFIA/FDA meat and/or seafood processing
plant (as appropriate).
- Raw meat or seafood industry the only experience will be
accepted instead of combined experienceProfessional Skills
- Demonstrate the ability to write reports, basic business
correspondence, as well as to effectively present information and
respond to questions from managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions,
- Demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data and
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret basic technical
- Ability to use personal computer, lab equipment, food
preparation equipment and office communication
equipment.Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Valid driver's license.Physical Demands
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Plant audits and inspections may require lifting of products up
to 100 pounds and inspection requires working in a production
environment on a moving line, lifting cartons, and visual
- Corrected vision required for sensory analysis to identify
- Warehouse and plant audit also requires close and distance
vision to judge GMPs; peripheral vision and depth perception
mandatory for safety. Work Environment
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally works near mechanical parts and in high,
precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, extreme cold, and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and
operating in a refrigerated environment is common.
- Plant audits/inspections and working at remote in-transit
processing facilities and Sysco Operating Companies contain both
moderate/loud noise and exposure to fumes and mechanical
hazards.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Arlington , Food Safety & Quality Assurance Technician, Professions , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!