Loss Prevention Associate
Company: Ross Dress for Less - North Texas
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionWelcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our
differences make us stronger At Ross inclusion is a way of life. We
care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality, and
GENERAL PURPOSE:This position provides a visible presence at the
Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a
safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The
Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a
prominent, courteous, and friendly manner deterring opportunity for
theft by demonstrating "command" presence in a Company issued
vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package
inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and address
potential theft indicators, as directed by Store Leadership.
Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss
Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage.
Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to protect the
Maintaining Safe & Secure Environment:
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store
Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both
Associates and Customers.
- Provides visible "command" presence, including prominent
greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales
floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring
for potential safety issues.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency
exits.Developing Great Teams & Partnerships:
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting
Customers, making eye contact, smiling, and answering questions in
a friendly and courteous manner.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May
include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating
Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention
initiatives.Personal and Store Brand:
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company
dress code.Mitigating Theft & Fraud:
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential
theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external
intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to
Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity
by minimizing steps and touches while working.Minimizing
- Increases Store awareness on effective processes to minimize
operational shortage. Trains and educates Associates on shortage
- Observes and validates proper checkout procedures for Customers
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & ExecutionQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with
the Store team.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state
laws and regulations for security positions, including but not
limited to, additional background screening, physical examination,
fingerprinting, and/or drug and alcohol testing.PHYSICAL
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from
one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and
duration will vary per daily business need).
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
DISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties
and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to
be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Dress for Less - North Texas, Arlington , Loss Prevention Associate, Professions , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!