Production Planner I
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice
in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by
revolutionizing our customers' training and critical operations
with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE's Defense and Security
business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to
develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and
OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the
world while helping each other succeed.What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility
that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take
initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having
fun!SummaryPlans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors final
approval of products through the complete production cycle to meet
Manufacturing requirements. Works from technical date and program
schedules to ensure materials are provided according to schedules.
Advises management of the status of work in progress, coordinates
with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain and interfaces with
engineering and program management to meet schedule requirements.
Ensures availability of materials and labor to meet production
requirements and delivery commitments. Works to resolve labor and
material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule
interruptions. Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Releases, monitors and provides status of Manufacturing Orders
(MOs) once material is available.
- Expedites items being shipped to customer and repair
- Prepares the necessary documentation for items being shipped
out of plant
- Extracts various reports from Cognos, JIRA, Costpoint, and/or
other reporting systems to evaluate priorities
- Keeps the Manufacturing Order database updated and
- Coordinates with Material Planning to establish priorities and
schedule part receipt.
- Understanding of Bill of Materials (BOMs) along with a solid
knowledge of Engineering Technical Data (drawings, specs,
Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)) and Project Schedules
- Interfaces continuously with Material Planners, Production
Planners, ME/IE's and Program Schedulers to determine changes to
existing orders and project schedules.
- Utilizing MRP systems to insure on time delivery of materials
to Manufacturing and Customer sites as required.
- Analyzes ECNs to determine proper manufacturing response
- Ability to perform work assignments with minimal
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Production Planning and
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work with
internal and external customers.Qualifications and Education
- Business or Technical Bachelor's Degree plus 0-2 years of
experience or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience in Production Control/Planning, Material Planning,
Manufacturing or Simulation environment, preferred.
- CostPoint experience preferred.
- Prior aviation or simulation experience preferred.
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with desire to learn new software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Security
ResponsibilitiesMust comply with all company security and data
protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible
for proper marking and handling of all information and materials,
in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access,
to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge
information outside company without management approval. All
government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored
electronically on company provided resources.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain
a Secret Security Clearance.Work Environment
- Able to work in a regular office environment.
- Able to work to a flexible schedule and overtime as
- Some travel may be required to assist with certain
projects.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Communicate via e-mail/telephone.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
Keywords: CAE, Arlington , Production Planner I, Professions , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!