Delivery Van Driver
Company: McLane Company, Inc.
Posted on: July 13, 2018
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Transportation Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Drives delivery van to transport of food staples, food specialty products and restaurant supplies to various foodservice customer locations. CLASS B REQUIRED.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Drives van from central loading area to customer locations according to assigned schedule.
- Loads and unloads food items for customer delivery.
- Keeps records of trips and customer delivery receipts, and any exceptions.
- Reports any problems with vehicle operation to division transportation department.
- Performs other duties related to warehouse operations when not making deliveries.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED equivalence preferred.
- Class B drvers license and acceptable driving record.
- Commercial driving experience preferred.
- Must pass DOT physical examination.
- Ability to read and understand bills of lading and written instructions as related to customer deliveries.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; frequent lifting and carrying.
- Ability to push and maneuver loaded hand truck.
- Ability to adjust work schedule to meet customer needs.
- Delivery van
- Work schedule subject to occasional changes
- The environment includes the areas of the distribution center and transportation department.
- Frequent exposure to outdoor temperature and weather conditions.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Keywords: McLane Company, Inc., Arlington, Delivery Van Driver, Professions, Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!