Company: Integrated Supply Network
Posted on: January 15, 2019
- Follows a menu driven scanning process to receive items into inventory and select items for customer orders
- Packages orders with appropriate packing material to ensure quality delivery
- Prepares packages for shipment by common carrier following a menu driven scanning process
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as type or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens boxes, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Prepares parcels for mailing or shipping.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met
- Ensure warehouse security during business hours
- Demonstrate good customer service skills with both internal and external customers
- Comply with all applicable policies and procedures
May also perform additional, specialized duties in different sites such as:
- Deliver orders to customers on pre-assigned route
- Service customers at the will call counter including pulling the order, receiving payment, and
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports work documents. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but non involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to learn and use company computer processing system. Aptitude to quickly learn and effectively use hand held scanning device to properly identify incoming and outgoing product and packages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be required to work in fairly extreme inside temperatures, both hot and cold in non-climate controlled warehouse.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
Keywords: Integrated Supply Network, Arlington , Warehouse Generalist, Professions , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!